Hawkeye (1988) George Chung, Chuck Jeffreys, Stan Wertlieb

AlbertV

A martial arts B-movie Lethal Weapon-esque film about an unorthodox high-kicking cop named Alexander "Hawkeye" Hawkimoto (played by former world TKD champion turned TV exec George Chung) teaming up with a by-the book, also high-kicking cop, Charles Wilson (played by Chuck Jeffreys) to find out who killed Hawkeye's best friend and former partner. Typical B-movie fare with some good fights and of course Jeffreys' humorous side. Former football legend Ronnie Lott has a cameo as a bank robber.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, AlbertV said:

A martial arts B-movie Lethal Weapon-esque film about an unorthodox high-kicking cop named Alexander "Hawkeye" Hawkimoto (played by former world TKD champion turned TV exec George Chung) teaming up with a by-the book, also high-kicking cop, Charles Wilson (played by Chuck Jeffreys) to find out who killed Hawkeye's best friend and former partner. Typical B-movie fare with some good fights and of course Jeffreys' humorous side. Former football legend Ronnie Lott has a cameo as a bank robber.

Few questions for you @AlbertV.

Does Chuck Jeffrey's(Honor & Glory) get much screen time? and is there any DVD release of this one?.

13 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

Few questions for you @AlbertV.

Does Chuck Jeffrey's(Honor & Glory) get much screen time? and is there any DVD release of this one?.

Yeah he gets quite a lot of screen time. His intro scene is actually quite funny as he goes off on a kid who tells him he would rather be a drug dealer than a cop and Jeffreys berates him in such a funny way I still crack up. As of now, there is no DVD, but it's been on VHS and I checked YouTube and someone named "Bad Movie Mang" actually uploaded the film.

A little extra trivia: Villain actor Stan Wertlieb would go on to produce some of the 2000's MMA films that starred the likes of Hector Echavarria and Tony Schiena during the Tapout era.

ShaOW!linDude

Think I remember renting this back in the day but under a different title, which I don't recall.

2 minutes ago, ShaOW!linDude said:

Think I remember renting this back in the day but under a different title, which I don't recall.

You might know it as Karate Cops. That was the other title I've seen it released as.

Archived