Australian distributer of Samurai movies (Madman)

Guest vlade2002

Guest vlade2002

I have been buying these DVD's lately, from www.madman.com.au/. They seem to be the best versions around in Australia. Done by Madman Entertainment, in the Eastern Eye section.

I picked up Lone Wolf And Cub 1-6 + Lady Snow Bounds, Twilight Samurai, among others. These DVD's are awesome and the packaging and DVD quality is easlily the best around.

Highly recommended.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jirpy100

I was thinking of buying them. Does it look like they sourced (properly) the region 1 prints for their releases. And are the subs and all that fine?

Guest vlade2002

G'day,

Aspect Ratio (Lone Wolf And Cub 1) 16.9 anamorphic widescreen, 2.35:1

The prints are nice on the LONE WOLF AND CUB, and the subtitles are the best i've ever seen. They are clear and different colours for different things. When there is somthin written in Japanese it tells you what it is, explains what it means aswell, so they are pretty in-depth and they really put effort into mastering the subs this time.

For region 1, they looked fine to me. I mean thats what we have here, and for the price I can't complain.

Definetly worth buying, the quallity of these DVD's, packaging and productions is first class. Much better than the US releases, and Asian prints around. Im really impressed with the Madman DVD's, im buying them along with HKL's here on a regular basis, they are real quality and look excellent on the shelf.

I watched Azumi aswell, and that looked so clear and the sound was awesome. Ong Bak comes out in less than a week, so thats going to be sweet as.

Archived