IVL and Buyoyo

ShawAngela

I recently upgraded some of my IVL vcds to dvds and I bought them from Buyoyo.

I had the bad surprise to discover that the titles All men are brothers, The flag of iron and The stud and the nympho were in black boxes. When I asked them about the clear boxes form IVL, they told me that sometimes, IVL changed their boxes...

Did anyone ever had the same misadventure with a purchase from Buyoyo ?

1 hour ago, ShawAngela said:

I recently upgraded some of my IVL vcds to dvds and I bought them from Buyoyo.

I had the bad surprise to discover that the titles All men are brothers, The flag of iron and The stud and the nympho were in black boxes. When I asked them about the clear boxes form IVL, they told me that sometimes, IVL changed their boxes...

Did anyone ever had the same misadventure with a purchase from Buyoyo ?

Same here.

I have received IVL Shaws with black cases from them. 

I will have to go back and check which ones were black cases when I get home.

• Like 1

TibetanWhiteCrane

Have around 50-60 Celestial Shaws from IVL, Deltamac and United, bought from various online retailers and eBay sellers (not Buyoyo) and not a single one is in black case.

theThirdMaster

I ordered the IVL for Dirty Ho about 2 years ago from dddhouse.  It came in a black case.  The other Shaw IVLs I ordered came in the usual clear case.

It looks legit, and was shrink wrapped.  I also think they just switched to black cases for later pressings on some titles.

It doesn't bother me except from a uniformity perspective.  There's no inner artwork on these, so the clear case is kinda wasted.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrNgor said:

Question: Is Buyoyo a trustworthy to do business?

Yes. I purchased a few ivl shaws from there a few years ago.

For a long time mail/packages from HK have been suspended, International delivery has (the past few months) resumed (to some locations/countries) so companies are reaching out (email blast / promos, etc,) to past clients/shoppers.

• Like 1

On 11/19/2017 at 7:20 AM, theThirdMaster said:

I also think they just switched to black cases for later pressings on some titles.

Sounds weird. I collect only Shaw martial arts(+selected action and gambling) and have over 300 titles and never seen IVL in black case.

Some thai releases are tho but not United ones. I actually do not know name of company but their releases comes with slip. Have only Master strikes back and rendezvouz with death.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ChillyChong said:

Some thai releases are tho but not United ones. I actually do not know name of company but their releases comes with slip. Have only Master strikes back and rendezvouz with death.

It's Lion Heart releases. beautiful slipcovers, but sometimes, no cover art !

Yes, I also received black cases IVL from buyoyo or dddhouse in the past, and I was told that it was normal and that they were legit dvds.

• Like 1