Yellow Haired Super Villains & Heroes (Question)

DragonClaws

14 hours ago, Silver and Gold Dragon said:

Yeah the colours will be subject to ageing of film/prints along with what the white balance of the film was, the processing/development, lighting which is the for the HJL/Horan image is almost certainly natural sun light which is obviously white light  but is affected by passing through atmosphere, dust, clouds etc, I imagine the digitalising process of the HJL/Horan image will have changed it's look a bit, I was also thinking the ground around them is close to yellow and it could have influenced the over all image through reflection.

We have only just startd to see these movies in good condition on DVD/BR, for those who missed the original  theatrical screenings.

Nice profile picture BTW @Silver and Gold Dragon, I've noticed @Karlos has changed his legendary Toby Miguire profile pic:crying

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/13/2017 at 12:36 PM, DragonClaws said:

Nice profile picture BTW @Silver and Gold Dragon

Thank you. It's Sammo Hung in the Martial Law episode "Sammo Claus" which is on dailymotion:

Well I think we have pretty much exhausted the Blond hair super villians of Kung Fu cinema, for now. There must be other's out there?, in lesser known movies perhaps.

Though I doubt we will ever find, another blond wig wearing villian like the one below.

maxresdefault.jpg

Image from the YouTube Wu Tang moive channel.

DragonClaws

It my be the quality of the picture, but I think I found a few more yellow haired villians?. In this still from Trouble Maker Coming(1979), imag from the HKMDB.

TroubleMakerComing+1978-3-b.jpg

Omni Dragon

The colour looks over saturated on that lobby card.

My guess is Tsai Hung's hair was intended to be grey. More like but not exactly how it appears in this under saturated video:  

DragonClaws
12 hours ago, Silver and Gold Dragon said:

The colour looks over saturated on that lobby card.

My guess is Tsai Hung's hair was intended to be grey. More like but not exactly how it appears in this under saturated video:   

Thanks @Silver and Gold Dragon, just another case of an old image that needs it's colours correcting.

Omni Dragon
45 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

Thanks @Silver and Gold Dragon, just another case of an old image that needs it's colours correcting.

Actually in this case I assume the over saturation of the colour is deliberate.

The photographer John Hinde for example use to over saturate images for postcards:

ni18.jpg

ni2.jpg

I like to over saturate my own images as well. Below is a picture of my old cat in which I decided I wanted "the grass to be greener" etc:

10.9.14 002 10x8.jpg

10.9.14 002 10x8 sat.jpg

DragonClaws
6 hours ago, Silver and Gold Dragon said:

Actually in this case I assume the over saturation of the colour is deliberate.

To be honest, I couldnt tell if they had done it on purpose, or if it was simply the age of the image. You know a lot more about photography/images.

DragonClaws

Stumbled upon this lobby card for Secret Message, a.k.a Ninja Massacre, starring Doris Lung Chan-Urh and Chan Sing.

SecretMessage.jpg

On 5/7/2018 at 1:38 PM, Silver and Gold Dragon said:

I can't see any of your two pictures...

On ‎7‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 6:26 PM, ShawAngela said:

I can't see any of your two pictures...

Well they were only examples.
Here's some other images I found online that also show differences in saturation:

saturation.jpg

saturation.jpg

dpsvibrancevssaturation2-700x1244.jpg

Archived