The Bouncer (2018) - Van Damme

AlbertV

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be the first to admit that I've never been a huge fan of Van Damme. Also I never understood the hype for Bloodsport. When I was younger I did have a softspot for "The Kickboxer". But it seems to me that his movies haven't aged well and a lot of the fighting just looks very cheesy nowadays.

With this in mind I honestly didn't have much expectations for "The Bouncer". But I was positively surprised. It's by far the best acting Van Damme has put on screen... dare I say EVER. It's really a Crime Drama more than anything else. There's barely any fighting and when they finally do throw down it's more of a raw brawl. There some short gun fights and car chases as well. Overall it fits the general depressing tone of the entire movie. Van Damme's character is a broken man with his daughter being the only thing keeping him alive. I can absolutely recommend this movie! Just don't go expecting some kind of TAKEN or the likes.

Last but not least, the poster/cover art is complete BS in my own opinion. It (wrongfully) gives the movie a cheap DTV look. Watched on iTunes (Germany) for only $17! :doh 

1 hour ago, laagi said:

With this in mind I honestly didn't have much expectations for "The Bouncer". But I was positively surprised. It's by far the best acting Van Damme has put on screen... dare I say EVER. It's really a Crime Drama more than anything else. There's barely any fighting and when they finally do throw down it's more of a raw brawl. There some short gun fights and car chases as well. Overall it fits the general depressing tone of the entire movie. Van Damme's character is a broken man with his daughter being the only thing keeping him alive. I can absolutely recommend this movie! Just don't go expecting some kind of TAKEN or the likes.

This is exactly how I was hoping it would turn out like, I'll pick this up, when/if it arrives on Blu-Ray/DVD in the U.K.

I expected to just find the German Blu-Ray/DVD releases, when I searched for this title, but it appears the U.S DVD cover art-work is already out too.

The+Bouncer+DVD+Cover.jpg

91c6zULQszL._SL1500_.jpg

ShaOW!linDude
On 12/1/2018 at 6:06 AM, laagi said:

It's really a Crime Drama more than anything else. There's barely any fighting and when they finally do throw down it's more of a raw brawl.

Sigh. I'm out.

The Bouncer will be released on DVD by Blue Fox Entertainment on February 12, 2019.  http://cityonfire.com/jean-claude-van-damme-will-return-as-the-bouncer/  says the movie will be released "in both its original French language and English dubbed version (why they didn't multi-track it as one DVD is beyond us)".  Both Amazon and Videoeta.com list it as DVD only, not on Blu-ray.

While I've yet to watch either of Van Damme's latest productions, they both have a gritty vibe to them. Impressed by the short fight scene, posted below, so much indie fim action can look generc, but this doesnt. It must be really hard making decisions, about which films offer's you take up. Intrigued to see how JCVD's latest two movies turn out, when they reach the U.K.

The-Bouncer-movie-release-date-Dubai.jpg

DragonClaws

Cool to see this one get a release across Multiple format's, when it comes out in the U.K.

fans in the UK will soon be able to gaze at his performance with a VoD, DVD and Blu-Ray release on April 8 from Dazzler Media.

Source- https://filmcombatsyndicate.com/

Archived