The Knight of Shadows: Between Yin and Yang (2019) - Jackie Chan

AlbertV

Jackie Chan is going to play a demon hunter in Knight of Shadows: Walker Between Halfworlds, to be directed by the singularly-named VASH and is being produced by Keifer Liu (The Monkey King 1-3). The film is being shopped at AFM

knightofshadows-promo.jpg

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 2

From the IMDB page, which lists Knight of Shadows as getting a release in 2019:  "A legendary hunter (Jackie Cha), tracking down the beasts that enter the human dimension, assisted by a lawman protege and a motley group of friendly monsters."  So if some of the monsters are friendly, I guess this is a family-friendly film?  Keeping it in the family, the cast also includes Jaycee Chan, as well as Jing Boran (Rise of the Legend, Monster Hunt 1 & 2), Andy Yang and Elane Zhong.  Click on the photos on the IMDB page to see some of the colorful artwork for the movie.  One of them includes a cute, smiling little girl with the friendly monsters.  Yes, it must be family-friendly.  

The Knight of Shadows: Between Yin and Yang (2019)

Edited by whitesnake
  • Like 2

Yes, fortunately, the only recent Jackie Chan movie I've watched in a theater (or otherwise) has been Foreigner.  If I want to watch Jackie Chan, I'll drag out some of his older movies.  On the other hand, I do enjoy most of the Chinese fantasy films I've seen recently, including League of Gods, Monster Hunt, and Journey to the West: The Demons Strike Back.  

Edited by whitesnake
  • Like 2

DragonClaws
On 26/03/2018 at 3:32 PM, whitesnake said:

Image of Jackie Chan as demon hunter and a poster for Knight of Shadows, from https://twitter.com/AsianFilmStrike -

While I'm not that interested in this JC project, I love the poster art-work with paint brush.

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 1

ShaOW!linDude
9 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

While I'm not that interested in this JC project, I love the post art-work with paint brush.

Ah, it's a paint brush! I thought it was a giant, super-long queue.

• Like 1

There's a dude that fights with a giant paintbrush in one of the Samurai Shodown games. It'd be interesting to see such a thing on the big screen.

• Like 1

DragonClaws

Chan the man doesnt appear to have aged much, since he made Killer Meteor in the early days of his career.

malo.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 1

This looks vomit-inducingly bad. I wonder when the chinese audience will finally be fed up with all this infantile fantasy nonsense? The catastrophic box office bombs of ASURA and LEGEND OF THE ANCIENT SWORD allow at least a little bit of hope.

Edited by kami

14 hours ago, lilmanjs said:

This looks like it could be decent. Looking forward to it!

You're kidding, right? Trailer looks as cringeworthy as the one they recently had for KUNG FU MONSTER... 

To put things into perspective though, this opens on the 5th of February in China, Lunar New Year, so its tailor-made for toddlers. Seems like they're trying  to emulate the pattern of the MONSTER HUNT films, and those unfortunately had a huge BO.

6 hours ago, Sheng said:

You're kidding, right? Trailer looks as cringeworthy as the one they recently had for KUNG FU MONSTER... 

To put things into perspective though, this opens on the 5th of February in China, Lunar New Year, so its tailor-made for toddlers. Seems like they're trying  to emulate the pattern of the MONSTER HUNT films, and those unfortunately had a huge BO.

It will take a lot to beat Kung Fu Yoga as Jackie's worst movie in my opinion. I don't think it will be a classic, but probably worth seeing once for the cgi stuff.

On 1/21/2019 at 11:19 PM, HyperDrive said:

If Nam Nai Choi directed movies today, this is probably what they would look like.

If Lam Nai-Choi directed movies today, the world would be a better place :nodding

• Like 2

Oh man! I'm dissapointed...! I was hoping for a sequel to "To Kill with Intrigue"!

Jackies Girlfriend (Yu Ling Lung) dies, so he travels the country to find the woman who always loved and protected him (Hsu Feng).

On his path numerous tasks await him. The Bloodrain-Clan reappears led by the reborn Gouverneur who was revived by the same magic from the same man (Yam Sai Koon) who was once

killed by Sing Lung in Fearless Hyena (Jackie Chan in a double-role). The two evil forces of both movies unite to get their revenge. After escaping wounded from a trap by The Bloodrain-Clan and the Devils of Heaven and Earth, Siao Lei (Jackie) & Sing Lung (Jackie) get help from Hsu Fengs Character. After they get healthy they finish their training under her and get the ultimate revenge. They go back to her Cave/House near the waterfalls. While they are having a threesome the movie fades out and we hear her assitant saying: "那我呢?!"