I Am Vengeance (2017) Gary Daniels, Anna Shaffer, Stu Bennet, Bryan Larkin

DragonClaws

1 hour ago, Drunken Monk said:

There was a thread on here for a British martial arts film a little while ago. It looked like someone made it with a Nokia camera phone from 2006. The acting seemed shitty and it had action to match. Ad yet there were some people that were genuinely excited for the film. Or maybe "excited" is an exaggeration. Let's say intrigued.

I should have quoted Kami aswell as you dude, as I didnt mean to single your comment out.

Certinaly more intrigued, I create threads for many movies that are not high art, for sure. Even with bigger produciton values, you cant really predict how a film will turn out. Look at all the excitement around Mile22, as an exaple from Hollywood. However, if you were to start excluding movies, for certian reasons, ie budget/prodution values, the forum would be less active, and its too subjectie a subject anyway. This forum is about including as many people as possible, rather than excluding them, based on film tastes.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

True. I can complain about the latest Seagal dud or some unknown, low budget, Russian martial arts film but Born Invincible isn’t exactly Citizen Kane and I love that film.

Different strokes for different folks, I suppose.

Pre to the late October DVD/BR release, I Am Vengeance hits VOD services.

Here's a special message, from the man himself Stu Bennett.

On 9/30/2018 at 1:42 PM, DragonClaws said:

Pre to the late October DVD/BR release, I Am Vengeance hits VOD services.

Just searched for this title on the HMV & Amazon.Co.UK sites, and cant find anything in regard to the late October, U.K Blu-Ray/DVD release. Has this been title been hoarded by a certian well known digital service?. Planned to see this over the Halloween weekend, oh well, anohter title to put on the back burner.

How can you support the film, when you can even get hold of a copy?.

NoKUNGFUforYU

Yeah I watch the first 20 minutes or so on Netflix. I usually warm up before I workout so I flick on Netflix a lot of times I catch different movies and they're only worth 20 minutes. This was one of them. We have plenty of action Cinema it is typically the Marvel Comics stuff where they use martial arts with CGI etcetera not unlike the Chinese stuff. Of course the Chinese were there with the wire work first but then we got the CGI than they imitated and so on. Movies like taken have basically replaced martial arts-type action movies. You're not going to have a lot of movies where guys are just basically dueling for dueling sake anymore. Hence the focus has to be more on the story line and modernized with guns and knives and everything or most people will find it a little ridiculous like those Indonesian Malaysian films that are coming out that are big gorefest. That is why there is old school and plenty of it if you are still interested.

Archived