The Top Twenty 1960's Martial Arts Movies

DragonClaws

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One Armed Boxer

Love the riff on 'Psycho' at the bottom half of that 'One Armed Swordsman' poster!

On 19/10/2017 at 5:42 PM, DragonClaws said:

See if you can spot the movie that doesnt belong in this list.

Has to be this one right? - 

Capture2.PNG

Other mistakes include using the 'One Armed Swordsmen' poster instead of the 'One Armed Swordsman' - 

Capture4.PNG

& using the 'Ninja 3: The Domination' poster for the Japanese movie 'Ninja 3' (sorry...I mean 'ninja 3') - 

Capture3.PNG

I won't even go into the fact that the writer introduces the piece as a selection of Hong Kong & Taiwanese kung-fu or wuxia flicks, then has a list with 8 Japanese movies.:tongueout

23 hours ago, One Armed Boxer said:

I won't even go into the fact that the writer introduces the piece as a selection of Hong Kong & Taiwanese kung-fu or wuxia flicks, then has a list with 8 Japanese movies.:tongueout

There's an equally well written list of 1950 Asian titles, sure they spent a long time researching these.

23 hours ago, One Armed Boxer said:

Love the riff on 'Psycho' at the bottom half of that 'One Armed Swordsman' poster!

There nearly always had to be some connection to a well known Western production, through the poster artwork, title or both.

TibetanWhiteCrane

Fuck, this is lazy. I detest hack writing like this.

Also sick of seeing "Best Martial Arts Films" lists ranking "Enter the Dragon" at number 1. All that tells me is that you either have really low standards, haven't seen much of what the genre has to offer outside of the most obvious mainstream choices or is one of those misguided Bruce Lee fanboys who, for some reason, still exists in 2017.

Archived