Lone Wolf & Cub: Justin Lin & Paramount Reboot?

DragonClaws

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in but no matter how good the reboot maybe when finished it won't be able to touch the original,for me this was the greatest gore fest samurai movie series ever made.A true classic

If he does this, it should be in the vein of the Lone Wolf 2100 manga and put it in a completely different time/setting and don't just tell the same story. It's such a waste of time and money to redo a classic. 

18 hours ago, Gaijin84 said:

and don't just tell the same story. It's such a waste of time and money to redo a classic. 

It would be much better to see them do some different with the character, rather than going through the same story again.

18 hours ago, Gaijin84 said:

If he does this, it should be in the vein of the Lone Wolf 2100 manga and put it in a completely different time/setting

Never heard of the manga comic version before, what era is this set in?.

On 10/21/2017 at 5:56 AM, DragonClaws said:

Never heard of the manga comic version before, what era is this set in?.

The future, 2100 referencing the year. There was an original 4-part series originally released in 2002, and now a new series that started a couple years ago:

https://www.darkhorse.com/Search/lone+wolf+2100

Here is the collection of the original 4 comics:

Lone Wolf 2100 Omnibus

Other movie versions of (or inspired by) Lone Wolf and Cub that I can think of are the Jet Li movie The New Legend of Shaolin (1994) and Road to Perdition (2002), the 1930's Depression Lone Wolf and Cub version starring Tom Hanks.  Once there was talk of a Western version starring Clint Eastwood, but it was never made.

Archived