Maximum Impact (2017): Alexander Nevsky, Kelly Hu, Mark Dacascos, Matthias Hues

DragonClaws

ShaOW!linDude
43 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

Hopefully Maximum Impact will be an improvement, it's intended to be a comedy, so it wont be taking itself so serisously.

I wonder if in retrospect, due to the way the film turned out, that it's "intended" to be a comedy. It could be that after seeing the finished product, the studio said, "Um, okay, how can we sell this because no one watching it is going to take it seriously." (Shudder.)

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, ShaOW!linDude said:

I wonder if in retrospect, due to the way the film turned out, that it's "intended" to be a comedy. It could be that after seeing the finished product, the studio said, "Um, okay, how can we sell this because no one watching it is going to take it seriously." (Shudder.)

Maybe, but I think the shot of the large Nevsky sat on a tiny moped, that I posted earlier in this thread, shows what vibe they were going for during filming. I could be wrong though dude.

The russian trailer is out and it looks like the exact kind of garbage that is Showdown in Manila. Did they have any budget at all?

It's only an independent movie, so it was never going to be like an big Hollywood production. You can see by the trailer, that this was never intended to be a serious actioner. Sure if we had the chance to make movies for fun and have a laugth, we'd be doing the same thing Alexander Nevsky is.

There's a lot of well known faces in their, not sure how much it cost to assemble that cast?.

MaximumImpact.jpg

One Armed Boxer
12 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

It's only an independent movie, so it was never going to be like an big Hollywood production. You can see by the trailer, that this was never intended to be a serious actioner. Sure if we had the chance to make movies for fun and have a laugth, we'd be doing the same thing Alexander Nevsky is.

Such enthusiasm could only come from someone who's never had to suffer through an Alexander Nevsky movie in its entirety.:smile

12 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

There's a lot of well known faces in their, not sure how much it cost to assemble that cast?.

They were probably coerced into featuring in it (most likely each with a screentime of less than 5 mins) by the Russian mob.

ShaOW!linDude
3 hours ago, One Armed Boxer said:

They were probably coerced into featuring in it (most likely each with a screentime of less than 5 mins) by the Russian mob.

This would not surprise me.

This past weekend, not only did Alexander Nevsky win the Breakout Star Award at the Action On Film festival, but Maximum Impact won three awards: Best Action Sequence, Best Special Effects, and the top prize of Best Action Film of the Year. 

One Armed Boxer
On 8/27/2018 at 11:06 PM, AlbertV said:

This past weekend, not only did Alexander Nevsky win the Breakout Star Award at the Action On Film festival, but Maximum Impact won three awards: Best Action Sequence, Best Special Effects, and the top prize of Best Action Film of the Year. 

Was it the only film showing!? I have a review pending for this, but as with all Nevsky flicks, the PR company who provided the screener have a publishing embargo in place until the week it's released, probably because they know they're not going to be pretty.

On 9/17/2018 at 6:01 AM, One Armed Boxer said:

Was it the only film showing!? I have a review pending for this, but as with all Nevsky flicks, the PR company who provided the screener have a publishing embargo in place until the week it's released, probably because they know they're not going to be pretty.

Most PR companies usually wait til the week of release. It was the film's only showing until its limited theatrical release next week then goes to DVD the following week.

One Armed Boxer
On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 12:36 AM, AlbertV said:

Most PR companies usually wait til the week of release.

If most PR companies you're working with tell you to hold off on a review until the week of release, you must be dealing with some real stinkers.

The good news is, the embargo is now lifted on 'Maximum Impact'....check out my review for this worthless waste of time here -

http://cityonfire.com/maximum-impact-2018-review-alexander-nevsky-mark-dacascos-andrzej-bartkowiak/

One Armed Boxer
On 5/2/2019 at 9:18 PM, DragonClaws said:

@One Armed Boxer, have you reviewed this one yet?.

I'm currently on an Alexander Nevsky detox which is due to finish in 2050, so in short - no.

Archived