Creed II (2018) - Sylvester Stallone, Michael B. Jordan, Dolph Lundgren

AlbertV

Rocky III for me all day and I pity the fool who try’s to tell me otherwise 😜👍👍👍

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love all the Rocky movies, all for different reasons, I'm glad th first Creed kept the more realistic and grounded feeling, that the first two Rocky films & later sequel Rocky Balboa, had. These films are about people and life, and not everyones picture perfect, with 20/20 vision, perfect hearing etc etc. You watch any busy city street, and you see all kinds of people coming and going. Rockys 3/4 is more escapist entertainment for me, and great entertainment at that.

Rocky 4, was the first of the series I watched, and I've never loooked back since.

rocky4.jpg

On November 4, 2018 at 5:46 PM, Phantom Dreamer said:

So I guess we're supposed to pretend that weight classes don't exist

I mean if they really rolled with that idea, it could make for a very fun movie, more cartoonish and less realistic. More akin to Bruce vs Bolo or Kareem Jabbar.  

Come to think of it, Im not familiar with any boxing movies like that, but yeah definitely works better in foo. 

Saw this yesterday and loved it.For me it’s a step up on Creed and the fight choreography is also top notch.if you liked the first then this is a must and all the cast are on there A game.👍👍👍👍👍👍

Did any of you guy's know Daniel Bernhardt, is the man behind the Creed 2 fight choreogrpahy?.

Thanks to Mike Fury, for making me aware of this.

Saw this film last night... wow. I think I have to give this a 9.5/10, with the only downside being that I wish there was more Rocky and Drago interactions. This movie was phenomenal. A lot of people said that we had very mediocre films this year, and while that may be partially true, we got a good number of phenomenal movies in actions this year. MI: Fallout, The Equalizer 2, Creed II, The Night Comes For Us, Accident Man are some to name from this year. Either way, I loved every second of this film, and spoilers here 

Spoiler

I can't believe they nodded the Rocky theme at the end

What an amazing sequel. I felt bad for every character in this movie in their own respective ways which really was something (well except for Ludmilla). If you haven't checked it out, don't try to watch it on bootleg! Just go out and catch yourself a matinee before the theaters pack up like mine did.

Had a chance to catch this the other day in an empty Chinese cinema - the film bombed big time in the PRC ! - and was suitably impressed. A truly involving, well directed sequel with a uniformly great cast  (Michael B. Jordan's totally commanding presence, Sly excelling once more as Creed's crumpled coach and even Ludgren - an actor I usually despise! - putting in a passable performance). Fights were remarkably well choreographed and dramaticallly shot and those beautifully composed and edited desert boot camp training sequences were a real treat !

Warner Bros. Home Entertainment will release Creed II on both 4K Blu-ray and Blu-ray and March 5, 2019.  News at https://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=24492

Special Features: 

• From Father to Son, Blood Runs Hot - Featurette
  • Finding the Authentic - Featurette
  • The Women of "Creed II" - Featurette
  • The Rocky Legacy - Featurette
  • Deleted Scenes

217206_medium.jpg

Watched this over the weekend, not once but twice. It was very emotional and somewhat predictable. IMO, it is for Creed what it was for Rocky II. I especially like how Viktor Drago's character played out, as someone who in some aspect, doesn't know what or who he is fighting for. So, in some ways, he is quite flawed himself. Daniel Bernhardt did a great job with the boxing choreography.

Archived