Mayhem(2017)

DragonClaws

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, thekfc said:

Blu-ray/DVD release date 12/26/17 - I am in.

I wonder if the shots of the woman with a hammer in the trialer, are a nod to Hammer Girl in Raid 2?.

Looks like the kind of movie Troma Studios would have made, not in temrs of the style, but the whole idea/office satire.

On 10/7/2017 at 8:36 AM, DragonClaws said:

I wonder if the shots of the woman with a hammer in the trialer, are a nod to Hammer Girl in Raid 2?.

Looks like the kind of movie Troma Studios would have made, not in temrs of the style, but the whole idea/office satire.

I can ask director Joe Lynch about the hammer piece as I will be doing an interview with him sometime this month. @thekfc the film is getting a limited theatrical release on November 10 as well :)

1 hour ago, AlbertV said:

I can ask director Joe Lynch about the hammer piece as I will be doing an interview with him sometime this month.

Wouldn't surprise me if The Raid had influenced parts of the movie, judging by the trialer.

On 10/9/2017 at 11:03 AM, DragonClaws said:

Wouldn't surprise me if The Raid had influenced parts of the movie, judging by the trialer.

Here's my review of the film and my interview with Joe Lynch, who revealed he got his start at...Troma and this film felt like a Troma-Miike mashup!

https://worldfilmgeek.com/2017/11/07/review-mayhem-2017/

https://worldfilmgeek.com/2017/11/07/bringing-the-mayhem-an-interview-with-director-joe-lynch/

3 hours ago, AlbertV said:

Troma and this film felt like a Troma-Miike mashup!

After watching the r, I made a comment about the it being very Troma like in its visual style and satire.

1 hour ago, DragonClaws said:

After watching the r, I made a comment about the it being very Troma like in its visual style and satire.

You nailed it! :) I highly recommend it!

Archived