Rush Hour 4 (????)

AlbertV

TigerCage1990
1 hour ago, sym8 said:

Not sure I’d want to see this,Rush Hour 3 was awful and Jackie hasn’t done anything decent in years.I think we’d all want to see some action/fight scenes but Mr Chan is just to old now so not sure what kind of film we’d get.

I myself have accepted that we're never getting the Jackie Chan we know and admired back in day back.  I tell people who demand Jackie to be in flims or  let down he doesn't do much action. I';m like guys, Jackie despite being in more fit than some people in his age isn't the same man who made  Drunken Master 2.  28 years ago,  even when Jackie made the first Rush Hour movie he wasn't exactly a younger man who was a man suffering from injuries even from this day has effected him.    Ill admit,  Jackie hasn't really best choices of latter years of what flims he's done recently but i still enjoy watching him.

• Like 1

Jackie Chan hasn't made anything I really enjoyed since probably "New Police Story" back in 04. That's almost 20 years ago now and since Rush Hour 3 was kind of meh(Its not as bad as I remember, but still), I see no point in making another of these films. He is just too old and, for lack of a better word, out of shape to make this a worthy sequel. Maybe if they go with a darker approach and have some younger characters carry the load, like they did in New Police Story, it might work out. But trying to capture the same magic as the first two is going to end in disaster and disappoint. 

• Like 3

TigerCage1990
7 minutes ago, DarthKato said:

Jackie Chan hasn't made anything I really enjoyed since probably "New Police Story" back in 04. That's almost 20 years ago now and since Rush Hour 3 was kind of meh(Its not as bad as I remember, but still), I see no point in making another of these films. He is just too old and, for lack of a better word, out of shape to make this a worthy sequel. Maybe if they go with a darker approach and have some younger characters carry the load, like they did in New Police Story, it might work out. But trying to capture the same magic as the first two is going to end in disaster and disappoint. 

That's  one of the main things that concerns me i that Warners /New Line believe they can re-capture the magic from the first two. If that's the case then it's going to be a huge disappointment on their hands.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TigerCage1990 said:

That's  one of the main things that concerns me i that Warners /New Line believe they can re-capture the magic from the first two. If that's the case then it's going to be a huge disappointment on their hands.

I think deep down they know this and that's why they have been taking so long to make it. They are trying to find some way to make it work and I just don't see a way to do it without making drastic changes.

• Like 1

TigerCage1990
2 minutes ago, DarthKato said:

I think deep down they know this and that's why they have been taking so long to make it. They are trying to find some way to make it work and I just don't see a way to do it without making drastic changes.

Same, Warners/New Line sat on it for so long. If only they made Rush Hour 4 years ago till now as Jackie is no longer the person he was making the other three flims, Tucker is alot older.  But no, they tried the tv series it didn't work with Ratner's involvement.  They even consider anall female reboot idea but that never happened.  Unless they come up a storyline that's good enough to convince me they're not trying to fully recapture the two flims then im all for it then. 

• Like 2

The biggest problem with RH3 is Chris Tucker who I like, got paid $25m!

W-in the actual-F! Yet he still went broke!

The character Genevieve was awful as was the story in general. While Sanada is great in it as he is in everything, even he couldn't save that pile of shit. It was just the same thing, different country. At least p1&2 felt connected, this was just a lazy cash in.

Oh and fuck Brett Ratner.

• Like 4

As much as I love Jackie and his mix of action and comedy I think he should focus on serious roles mixed with realistic action.

I've really enjoyed The Foreigner... And that's only been 5 years! So it's also a bit unfair to say he hasn't done anything noteworthy in a long time. Few and far between Yes!

Rush Hour should've been a one trick pony from the beginning. But as always is if proven successful why not make another one and another one and...

Besides who still cares about Rush Hour or Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker. The former might still be universally recognised to a certain level but that's about it.

Or make Rush Hour 4 the hand over of the torch to a new generation. Let's just pretend that the series with Jon Foo never happened.

The story could be as simple as the son(s) or daughter(s) taking over the work from their fathers. I wouldn't give a f as long as the talent in terms of martial arts and screen presence is there.

I'd rather see such a scenario than JC and CT being made a fool of themselves. But maybe that's just me.

Or we could stop this silly revival of old franchises all together but I'm a dreamer.

• Like 3

TigerCage1990
3 hours ago, laagi said:

As much as I love Jackie and his mix of action and comedy I think he should focus on serious roles mixed with realistic action.

I've really enjoyed The Foreigner... And that's only been 5 years! So it's also a bit unfair to say he hasn't done anything noteworthy in a long time. Few and far between Yes!

Rush Hour should've been a one trick pony from the beginning. But as always is if proven successful why not make another one and another one and...

Besides who still cares about Rush Hour or Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker. The former might still be universally recognised to a certain level but that's about it.

Or make Rush Hour 4 the hand over of the torch to a new generation. Let's just pretend that the series with Jon Foo never happened.

The story could be as simple as the son(s) or daughter(s) taking over the work from their fathers. I wouldn't give a f as long as the talent in terms of martial arts and screen presence is there.

I'd rather see such a scenario than JC and CT being made a fool of themselves. But maybe that's just me.

Or we could stop this silly revival of old franchises all together but I'm a dreamer.

I enjoyed The Foreigner myself, one of JC's better flims in years.  Hopefully they can make Rush Hour 4  watchable that ill actaully care, I've never been the biggest fan of JC's hollywood flims besides Shanghai Noon it's underrated in my opinion.  New Line /WB sat on the Rush Hour franchise for a decade and now they want to make part 4???  Yeah, hopefully it doesn't blow up in their faces if this movie come's to past development from hell.

6 hours ago, PandaPawPaw said:

The biggest problem with RH3 is Chris Tucker who I like, got paid $25m!

W-in the actual-F! Yet he still went broke!

The character Genevieve was awful as was the story in general. While Sanada is great in it as he is in everything, even he couldn't save that pile of shit. It was just the same thing, different country. At least p1&2 felt connected, this was just a lazy cash in.

Oh and fuck Brett Ratner.

One of the key reasons why i'm not the biggest fan of Chris Tucker. He got greedy with himself believing he was going to big time but after Rush Hour outside of The Silver Linings Playbook. Chris hasn't really made any flims or least one's i know of that saw the light of day, anyway.... Oh  i agree,  Fuck Ratner, I never liked Ratner  i saw his ugly perverted mug something about him i never liked the man who has nothing to show for now. He's one of very least directors, He can remain blacklisted for all i care he can't decide if he's Jewish or he acts  he's black or Asian. He's so annoying out of him and Tucker. Ratner became the most jaded of them all becoming greedy, lazy a perverted little troll destined for a downfall.   

2 hours ago, TigerCage1990 said:

One of the key reasons why i'm not the biggest fan of Chris Tucker. He got greedy with himself believing he was going to big time

To be fair, he did replace Eddie Murphy for the Carter role. Before Rush Hour, Chris was on a roll - appearing in The Fifth Element and Jackie Brown. I've just looked at his filmography on IMDB, and I'm really surprised to see that he didn't strike the iron when it was hot after Rush Hour.

• Like 2

TigerCage1990
6 hours ago, Cognoscente said:

To be fair, he did replace Eddie Murphy for the Carter role. Before Rush Hour, Chris was on a roll - appearing in The Fifth Element and Jackie Brown. I've just looked at his filmography on IMDB, and I'm really surprised to see that he didn't strike the iron when it was hot after Rush Hour.

You'd think he would'ev but for some reason his career should'ev been alot better post Rush Hour but for some reason it never did.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, OpiumKungFuCracker said:

Lee in carter at a retirement home right! Or an asylum would be totally funny 

That sounds like a different sort of movie..................

• Haha 3

Any opportunity to get Jackie back in a big budget mainstream film I'll take. Obviously the fights won't be as good, but then I don't watch the Rush Hour films for the fights, the parlour fight in 2 is the only memorable one anyway. It's about the chemistry and the comedy between Chan and Tucker.

I genuinely wonder why Jackie doesn't just direct 4 himself. He can make a better action film than most in his sleep.

Edited by SamSeed
  • Like 1

I'd like the comedy to be actually funny/smart and not rely on the you're Chinese/Black stuff. It worked in RH1 as it was more a cultural thing and same with RH2 but in RH3 it felt forced and had a 'been there done that' type of feel.

Also with the way the world has moved on since 2007 and how attitudes about race have changed, it'll be interesting in how they tackle it.

Not that I think the films are racist or anything but seeing how people get offended at anything these days, they'll have be careful I guess.

• Like 2

On 12/16/2022 at 2:56 PM, ShaOW!linDude said:

10 years ago I would've down for RH 4. Now? I kinda hope they don't make it.

10 years ago Id say make something better. Now I say its better than nothing but still make something better. Rush Hour is a sad iconic part of Chan’s legacy, made for people who dont know how incredible he actually is. 

We already got 3! of these, a trilogy is bad enough lol. Might as well just keep it as that, a trilogy. 

As an uncommon fan of later era Jackie, so much Id rather see. But I have to admit it will be cool to see people (americans) actually care about Jackie again.

• Like 1

Was into Rush Hour 1 and 2 back then. 3 wasn't as good. Would a 4th be any good??? And how many times has it been rumoured to be happening anyways. I will believe it when the cameras start rolling....

• Like 2

Just had the displeasure of re watching Rush Hour 3 since I saw it in the cinema when I was 6 years old. Crap. Worse than I was expecting. I don't wanna get too politicial but it was also misogynistic and racist, Carter would be on a sex crimes list nowadays. The Eiffel Tower setpiece was good but felt like it came from a different franchise, didn't feel Jackie enough. And Sanada was wasted, the whole villain subplot was underdeveloped.

Jackie is too old now anyways and I think they should just let this die and pretend that Rush Hour was a 2 film franchise and the third one never happened.

Killer Meteor
25 minutes ago, Josh Baker said:

Just had the displeasure of re watching Rush Hour 3 since I saw it in the cinema when I was 6 years old. Crap. Worse than I was expecting. I don't wanna get too politicial but it was also misogynistic and racist, Carter would be on a sex crimes list nowadays. The Eiffel Tower setpiece was good but felt like it came from a different franchise, didn't feel Jackie enough. And Sanada was wasted, the whole villain subplot was underdeveloped. 

Jackie is too old now anyways and I think they should just let this die and pretend that Rush Hour was a 2 film franchise and the third one never happened. 

I can't believe somebody thought it would be a good idea to have Roman Polanski give a character a cavity search in a film supposedly aimed at families.