Rush Hour 4 (????)

AlbertV

Ummmm...Warner Bros. has parted ways with Brett Ratner due to some recent allegations of the Weinstein Effect (as I now call it). Since New Line is owned by Warner Brothers, I think this may put Rush Hour 4 in doubt at this stage.

http://variety.com/2017/biz/news/warner-bros-severs-ties-brett-ratner-1202604934/

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AlbertV said:

Ummmm...Warner Bros. has parted ways with Brett Ratner due to some recent allegations of the Weinstein Effect (as I now call it). Since New Line is owned by Warner Brothers, I think this may put Rush Hour 4 in doubt at this stage.

Maybe they can bring in someone thats more suited to directing a Jackie Chan movie?.

I think there's going to be more skeletons coming out of the closet in Hollywood, over the next few months.

• Like 1

I can't say I'm surprised by the current spewing of skeletons from the Hollywood closet, but still utterly sickened by them. Couldn't Jackie direct Rush Hour 4 himself?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SamSeed said:

Couldn't Jackie direct Rush Hour 4 himself?

That would be fun to see, as I dont think he's sat in the directors chair for any of his U.S productions?.

• Like 1

Rush Hour 4 appears to be back on, another production for the ever busy Jackie Chan.

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 1

Yeah, saw this, not sure I;m overly bothered to be honest, in fact I think I'd rather see Shanghai Dawn before this. Then again, it very much depends who they get to direct.

• Like 3

NoKUNGFUforYU

Having lived in LA, dreaming of a career in film, and interacting with all the levels, I can tell you, the movie business is at it's best when you are in an audience. Behind the scenes most of these people are very arrogant and unpleasant, and people like Jackie and Stallone tend to be the worst. There seems to be a direct correlation with how upbeat and friendly their public persona is and how they are behind the scenes. It's a dream factory, but don't forget the factory part.............

They have to showcase some younger talent in this one. Chris Tucker's character was never supposed to be a Martial Arts Master, and Chans more limited with what he can do now. Interested to see who they get on board to direct this one.

A small but perhaps surprising update on this one, the word on the Hollyood grapevine is that Brett Ratner still thinks he'll be directing this. http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/movies/rush-hour/58173/rush-hour-4-brett-ratner-still-reportedly-wants-to-direct

Personally? I'd say there is no chance in hell of him getting anywhere near a film set, certainly not a big franchise like this. I still wonder why they haven't just asked Jackie to direct, save everyone time!

• Like 2

On 6/4/2018 at 4:40 AM, SamSeed said:

A small but perhaps surprising update on this one, the word on the Hollyood grapevine is that Brett Ratner still thinks he'll be directing this. http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/movies/rush-hour/58173/rush-hour-4-brett-ratner-still-reportedly-wants-to-direct

Personally? I'd say there is no chance in hell of him getting anywhere near a film set, certainly not a big franchise like this. I still wonder why they haven't just asked Jackie to direct, save everyone time!

Yeah, I've been reading about this...talk about being desperate. The franchise producer, Arthur Sarkassian, even said he is baffled that Ratner is telling everyone he is still directing RH4

http://www.darkhorizons.com/ratner-wants-to-helm-rush-hour-4/

• Like 1

DragonClaws

Chris Tucker is the latest guest on Talk Is Jericho, where he discusses the Rush Hour movies, among other things.

• Like 1

DragonClaws

Li BingBing Reportedly Circling FemaleCentric Rush Hour Re-Boot?

Link- https://filmcombatsyndicate.com/rush-hour-li-bingbing-reportedly-circling-female-centric-reboot-of-current-chan-tucker-trilogy/

Why not have a young actress/Martial Artist come in and play Detective Lee's daughter?. Having some fresh blood to carry on/improve the series. Rather than having to create an all new, female driven re-boot.

Li BingBing steals Metal singer, Rob Halford's look.

5bee2271a310eff36906a2c5.jpeg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 1

I know they are always looking for names. I could see someone like Zoe Zhang or Crystal Liu or even Sarah Chang appearing in this. 

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 1

On 2/23/2018 at 6:38 PM, SamSeed said:

Then again, it very much depends who they get to direct.

I would like to see Mel Gibson direct a crossover sequel featuring the Lethal Weapon duo.

• Like 2

TigerCage1990

No it didn't.  The other two kinda sucked.   Rush Hour 3 had Jackie Chan vs Hiroyuki Sanada.  Jackie's character finally had a background story. I got no enjoyment of the first movie too much unlike with Who Am I and even Gorgeous.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TigerCage1990 said:

I'd rather Jackie make Project A 3 with  Sammo Hung and Yuen Biao.

Jackie should have turned down Shanghai Knights to do a Project A sequel that takes place in England. It would be sort of like how he turned down the chance to do a pirate movie with Robert Clouse but then set out to do Project A.

• Like 1

TigerCage1990
2 minutes ago, Cognoscente said:

Jackie should have turned down Shanghai Knights to do a Project A sequel that takes place in England. It would be sort of like how he turned down the chance to do a pirate movie with Robert Clouse but then set out to do Project A.

That would'ev been better to get Sammo Hung and Yuen Biao back together again.

• Like 2

Not sure I’d want to see this,Rush Hour 3 was awful and Jackie hasn’t done anything decent in years.I think we’d all want to see some action/fight scenes but Mr Chan is just to old now so not sure what kind of film we’d get.

• Like 1