Rush Hour 4 (????)

AlbertV

Here's my idea...

Chris Tucker gets killed in a short pre-credits sequence and it's up to Jackie to avenge his gruesome death...

Any takers?

I'll raise you one...

They both get killed in a short pre-credits sequence and it's the end of this franchise!

:bigsmile:

• Like 1

I know that the movie is still in development and it will be a while, but the idea that Sarkissian had about bringing in two new characters, I say these should act as proteges of sorts to Lee and Carter. Matter of fact, that would be a perfect for the character of Soo-Yung. They brought her back for RH3, but again, resorted to more a damsel in distress despite having one fight.

They should make Soo-Yung a police officer in L.A. and as for the second new character, someone who is the opposite of a Chris Tucker-like character. After all, we don't want another bicker bicker bicker or MARTIAL LAW-style thing. Come up with something more creative...that's my opinion anyway

I was hoping I'd be dead before this day came. :neutral:

If Rush four turns out to be as bad or worse than Rush three, it might be the thing that does us all in.:sad::tongue:

And I'll be there, as long as it's better than the third one. Shanghai Dawn, though...I'll see that twice and buy it on blu-ray!

OpiumKungFuCracker

Rush hour 3 was like being drugged and assaulted in a jacuzzi almost. Hope 4 goes back to form like the first 2 films, lol

2 hours ago, SamSeed said:

So in a new interview to promote The Foreigner, Jackie has seemingly confirmed that Rush Hour 4 is happening, meeting with Chris Tucker and Brett Ratner to discuss the script soon.

I thought there had already been a Part 4, if this posters anything to go by?.

Jackie-Chan-in-Rush-Hour-Movie--55820.jp

Image taken from this site Link- http://www.freakingnews.com/Jackie-Chan-in-Rush-Hour-Movie-Pictures-63969.asp

Are we going to see some younger talent in this one? maybe a passing of the torch?.

Never been a big fan of the last one they made, I understand the production had some problems behind the scenes.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

Are we going to see some younger talent in this one? maybe a passing of the torch?.

Never been a big fan of the last one they made, I understand the production had some problems behind the scenes.

I agree, Part 3 was quite bad. I think it would be a waste not to have a bit of an Expendables vibe and made the big bad someone iconic who Jackie hasn't faced onscreen yet. But this being Rush Hour I doubt that'll happen.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SamSeed said:

I agree, Part 3 was quite bad. I think it would be a waste not to have a bit of an Expendables vibe and made the big bad someone iconic who Jackie hasn't faced onscreen yet. But this being Rush Hour I doubt that'll happen.

Sounds like a good idea, there's plenty of people they could pick from.

9 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

Sounds like a good idea, there's plenty of people they could pick from.

True. What I wouldn't give to see Chan vs Adkins.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, SamSeed said:

Just let Mr Adkins use his Enlgish accent for a change, rather than making him American.

• Like 3

One Armed Boxer
21 hours ago, SamSeed said:

Did Adkins face off against Chan in either 'The Accidental Spy' or 'The Medallion'? He has small parts in both.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, One Armed Boxer said:

Did Adkins face off against Chan in either 'The Accidental Spy' or 'The Medallion'? He has small parts in both.

Could be. Wasn't he just a 'one of many' thug type? It's been ages since I've put myself through either of those two films at any rate!

• Like 2

• Administrator
6 hours ago, One Armed Boxer said:

2 hours ago, SamSeed said:

Could be. Wasn't he just a 'one of many' thug type? It's been ages since I've put myself through either of those two films at any rate!

I seem to remember him trading blows with Chan in THE MEDALLION, but yeah, just as one of many attackers. Think it might have been in the glue factory scene.

Can't remember specifics of him in THE ACCIDENTAL SPY, but he was definitely in it.

Still, as @SamSeed said above, a one-on-one, climactic hand-to-hand battle between the two would have the potential to be amazing. I feel like Chan used to tell more of "a story" through his choreography, and that this would be the perfect opportunity to return to that (good examples of this can be found throughout MIRACLES). If he sees that his opponent is much younger, stronger, faster, then he has to be more tactical in his fighting. Not just another run-and-fight where some silly coincidence enables him to win, but by making his character really use his brain to figure out how he can physically defeat this stronger enemy. Imagination and careful planning could allow Chan, even at 64, to create a duel between he and Adkins that would rival his battles with Benny The Jet. I know he still has it in him. Maybe if he had Sammo choreograph it with a "stand down on the wire-work" order.

• Like 2

One Armed Boxer
1 hour ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

Still, as @SamSeed said above, a one-on-one, climactic hand-to-hand battle between the two would have the potential to be amazing. I feel like Chan used to tell more of "a story" through his choreography, and that this would be the perfect opportunity to return to that (good examples of this can be found throughout MIRACLES). If he sees that his opponent is much younger, stronger, faster, then he has to be more tactical in his fighting. Not just another run-and-fight where some silly coincidence enables him to win, but by making his character really use his brain to figure out how he can physically defeat this stronger enemy. Imagination and careful planning could allow Chan, even at 64, to create a duel between he and Adkins that would rival his battles with Benny The Jet. I know he still has it in him. Maybe if he had Sammo choreograph it with a "stand down on the wire-work" order.

Completely agree with all of the above, but then I realised, we're talking about the 'Rush Hour' franchise here...never going to happen.

In all seriousness though, personally I don't see Adkins fighting style as being a good match for Chan.  Adkins delivers a lot of power, while Chan is more about the flow.  Could be the same reason why the Wu Jing vs. Adkins fight in 'Wolf Warrior' was such a dud as well. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

I seem to remember him trading blows with Chan in THE MEDALLION, but yeah, just as one of many attackers. Think it might have been in the glue factory scene.

Can't remember specifics of him in THE ACCIDENTAL SPY, but he was definitely in it.

I haven't thought about Miracles for ages! You've prompted me to dig it out, I have a good evening ahead! Another good example is Gorgeous. A fitter, faster, younger opponent, Jackie really has to use his full skillset with some unorthodox moves to beat him

Also would it be great to have Chan in an Issac Florentine flick? He must have the pedigree now to get anyone he wants into his films? But with regard to Rush Hour 4, we'll have to put up with Ratner again. Not that he's bad, the massage parlor fight from 2 remains one of my favourite Chan fights. Not the best technically, but from a fun point of view it's hard to beat.

• Like 3

2:27 - Jackie confirms it...but only if Chris Tucker agrees to the script.

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 1