Rush Hour 4 (????)

AlbertV

Dark Horizons:

Producer Arthur Sarkissian says that fourth film in the "Rush Hour" action franchise is moving forward with both Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker involved.

The producer tells Crave Online that "I'm trying to do it closer to how I did Rush Hour 1. More down to earth. More gritty. Introduce two new characters and make it real the way the first one was. I personally was not happy with the third one. I thought 1 and 2 were very good. I think 3 got out of hand a little bit. It's not a matter of just bringing them back to do another segment of that or a sequel to it by putting them in another city and having them bicker. I don't want that. I want something new."

Would Brett Ratner be back at the helm? "He's more than welcome to do it, but he's got to do it in the right way" says Sarkissian. A scribe is expected to be brought onboard soon.

Drunken Monk

Good god, no. Do we really need another "Rush Hour" film? The third one was an absolute travesty and I'd be happy just to see the series die a quiet death. I'm not even sure the first two hold up to repeated viewing, in all honesty.

How was the first one "gritty?" Unless he gets Shane Black to write it and Shane Meadows to direct it, I doubt it will ever be gritty.

• Like 1

OpiumKungFuCracker

The 2nd one was probably the best in the series because of the scope and size, it being in Hong Kong and having big stars like Zhang ZiYi and I forgot the others...

ShaOW!linDude

Gritty, eh? Maybe if its setting is in the 'hood. I think that could work. Set it where Tucker's character grew up with a bunch of dudes from his old neighborhood. Bring back Don Cheadle's character. Oh, and get Michael Jai White to play the villain and have him and Jackie Chan face off for an end fight. I'd be down for that.

• Like 1

Id rather seen another Shanghai noon/knight film to be honest

Yes please! Shanghai Dawn over Rush Hour 4 any day. The writers already have the ending written!

Well everyone, get the fire and holy water. We got us a demon to put down:tongue:

In all honesty, the third one sucks so bad that it is painful to watch. Another one is just a slap in our face.:yociexp10:

Really?? No love for the 2nd one???

I hated the second one. It is a 'bigger' movie than the first, but it's too poorly written for me. When you make your characters so stupid that they are no longer believable as humans, then I'm sorry, but I just can't get into it anymore. And also, it ended with one kick. One kick: bad guy gone. Boo.

No action climax = lame.

Tucker slamming a triad bosses laptop on the floor = beyond stupid.

The first movie is the only good one. The humor is balanced, and there is an action payoff at the end.

I thought Rush Hour 2 was okay. It was not as good as the first, but at least it was not the train wreck the third was. I will most likely end up giving "Rush 4" a shot( as I do with all of Jackie films), but I have every idea its going to be a horriable film.

lillippa328

Im hype for it....im not gonna get all cloudy judgement ....these 3 films were all good movies maybe not the greatest filmmaking but still solid fun movies

I can`t say i`m blown away by the news of a 4th but Shaow!lindude idea gets my thumbs up.

I would rather see a third shanghai movie aswell.

Drunken Monk

According to the Huffington Post, the producer kicked around a (dreadful) idea for a plot...

“Maybe Chris is now married; maybe Jackie is married to Octavia Spencer, I don’t know. Married to Chris’s cousin, they live in Shanghai, Chris goes out to visit them. I don’t know, I want something energetic.”

According to the Huffington Post, the producer kicked around a (dreadful) idea for a plot...

Somebody revoke that dude's producing credentials.. Quickly! These are the so-called executives calling the shots?!

Anyone here can come up with a more intriguing plot element than that.

:nerd:

Gritty, eh? Maybe if its setting is in the 'hood. I think that could work. Set it where Tucker's character grew up with a bunch of dudes from his old neighborhood. Bring back Don Cheadle's character. Oh, and get Michael Jai White to play the villain and have him and Jackie Chan face off for an end fight. I'd be down for that.

You have my vote! Jackie & doubles vs MJW should be entertaining if done properly. Although, I agree with most, they should end the series.

RH2 is a guilty pleasure of mine. Quite hilarious and I can watch over and over again. Yup, I said it. lol

The original was good and had an awesome soundtrack. RH3 was an embarrassing mess and poor use of the super talented Hiroyuki Sanada. (always wished he and Billy Chong fought one another).

One established it. Two perfected it. Three trashed it. Hopefully four saves it. Rush Hour has had some great lines throughout though. Part 1 "Which one yall kick me?" Part 2 " I got this." Part 3 "I'm tryin ta kill somebody man"

Somebody revoke that dude's producing credentials.. Quickly! These are the so-called executives calling the shots?!

Anyone here can come up with a more intriguing plot element than that.

:nerd:

Yeah, they should just use ShaOW!linDude's idea for the plot.I think we can all agree that it sounds ten times more badass than what they came up with.:nerd:

Guest Markgway

Here's my idea...

Chris Tucker gets killed in a short pre-credits sequence and it's up to Jackie to avenge his gruesome death...

Any takers?

Here's my idea...

Chris Tucker gets killed in a short pre-credits sequence and it's up to Jackie to avenge his gruesome death...

Any takers?

Sounds cool to me.:cool:

Liked the first two films, the third I pretend never happened. I'd happlily take a 4th if it's a good as the first two, but I can't see Rush Hour 4 being much different to Rush Hour 3 if their motives arew an easy cash in. Though I'm hoping to be plesantly surprised.