Steven Seagal Movies (2003 - 2021) The Good, The Bad & The Ugly

DragonClaws

55 minutes ago, One Armed Boxer said:

Definitely one of Seagal's worst, this one has no redeeming features whatsoever. It ranks as one of only a couple of movies (the other being 'Kung Fu Yoga') that I've given a 1/10 score to in my time reviewing for COF. -

Reading your review, was more entertaining than watching the movie itself.

It appears the films poster art has been borrowed from elsewhere.

MV5BMzRhMWI0NTMtODUxYS00ZmZjLTk1OTQtYWE1

81fH8InGi8L._SL1500_.jpg

The Sean Bean movie its a decent action thriller that deals with terrorism, while its no blockbuster, its superior to Contract To Kill.

1 hour ago, One Armed Boxer said:

As I mentioned in an earlier post, for me it's a toss up between this & 'Urban Justice' as the high point of his DTV work. 'Pistol Whipped' doesn't have a high action quota, but Seagal's in full on not taking crap from anyone mode throughout, which makes it a fun watch.

I have watched both of these, but dont recall too much about either of them. Is one of them about him cleaning up some neighberhood, after the death of his son?.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:
1 hour ago, One Armed Boxer said:

As I mentioned in an earlier post, for me it's a toss up between this & 'Urban Justice' as the high point of his DTV work. 'Pistol Whipped' doesn't have a high action quota, but Seagal's in full on not taking crap from anyone mode throughout, which makes it a fun watch.

I have watched both of these, but dont recall too much about either of them. Is one of them about him cleaning up some neighberhood, after the death of his son?.

What do you two think of BELLY OF THE BEAST?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DrNgor said:

What do you two think of BELLY OF THE BEAST?

While I think the Hong Kong style wire-work was out of place. The movie is good few notches above Contract To Kill, and Seagal was in a lot better shape back then.

I'm not sure what approach they have gone for, with the action in the up-coming Attrition??. Belly Of The Beast might be the closet fans will ever get to seeing Steven Seagal, in Hong Kong styled fight scenes.

• Like 1

Attrition is a personal project for him. I expect many good and brutal, bone breaking fight scenes. If not, I will be disappointed. 

I love the short bar fight in the keeper. I think he broke the arm to the guy. It was fast and brutal. 

Edited by LoBo
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, LoBo said:

Attrition is a personal project for him. I expect many good and brutal, bone breaking fight scenes. If not, I will be disappointed. 

Fingers crossed, its a complete change of pace for Seagal.

There's some information/stills from the production in this thread.

11 minutes ago, LoBo said:

I love the short bar fight in the keeper. I think he broke the arm to the guy. It was fast and brutal. 

I dont recall anything positive aboue The Keeper, to me it was just anohter genericDTV film.

• Like 3

On 16/10/2017 at 8:52 PM, kami said:

Well, watch "Contract to Kill" before and you'll think it's pure cinema gold.

If I'm going to be really dumb and put myself through that movie again, I want the subtitled version, so I can actually understand what Seagal says.

Are there any scenes in Contract To Kill, that feature Seagal without trademark orange sunglasses?. Actually, are there any of his recent movies that don't feature his character wearing them?.

contract-to-kill-5.jpg?w=474

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 2

I'm sure he uses them and wears the goatee for the same reasons he uses the black overcoat: to hide the ravages of age and overweight.

• Like 4

One Armed Boxer
42 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

Maybe he's read this article?, and become concerned with blue-light?.

Good one! This line cracked me up.

It could well be true. Initial plot descriptions for 'Against the Dark' hinted it was actually going to be about Seagal taking on the blue-light, but the final product didn't turn out that way.:tongueout

• Like 3

On 18/10/2017 at 12:44 PM, One Armed Boxer said:

It could well be true. Initial plot descriptions for 'Against the Dark' hinted it was actually going to be about Seagal taking on the blue-light, but the final product didn't turn out that way.:tongueout

LOL that post inspired the following.

Similar to how Dolph Lundgrens character has a problem with anything white in BlackJack, Seagal's weakness is blue light. He finds a specilaist optician in some back alley, in a remote village in China, who supplies him with the almighty orange sunglases. Allowing him to face up to his foes in, Against The Blue Light.

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 3

On 15/10/2017 at 3:38 PM, One Armed Boxer said:

Interesting that this one maintained its original title for the UK, in the US it got switched to 'Cartels' for its eventual release. It's 100 times better than 'Contract to Kill', mainly due to Seagal not being the main star, & a cast comprised of martial artists & stunt guys. I gave it the full review treatment here -

http://cityonfire.com/cartels-aka-killing-salazar-2016-review-steven-seagal-georges-st-pierre-luke-goss-darren-e-scott/

On 16/10/2017 at 8:52 PM, kami said:

Well, watch "Contract to Kill" before and you'll think it's pure cinema gold.

You might enjoy this short blooper reel, more than the movie itself. Unless you see CTK, as a hour and thirty minute blooper reel itself?.

Blooper Reel: Contract To Kill

Link- https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=9&v=LoL5tIvLAzo

I was made aware of this video via the Un-Oiffical Steven Seagal site.

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 1

Even the ladies cant resist those orange sunglasses.

Thats one really cool looking Chinese inspired jacket he's got on.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, One Armed Boxer said:

I'd rather see him attempting to impress the ladies with his fashion sense than his dancing...

LOL that clip crackedme up, it makes a change to seeing him in dimly lit strip bars.

I think he's officially a citizen of Russia now?.

• Like 3

One Armed Boxer
9 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

I think he's officially a citizen of Russia now?.

He is.  Putin gave him Russian citizenship based on their long standing friendship, which resulted in Seagal hilariously being identifed as a threat to national security by Ukraine. - 

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2017/may/05/ukraine-bans-steven-seagal-national-security-russian-citizenship

I guess as long as he doesn't get into Romania's bad books, we won't see an end to his prolific output any time soon.:tongueout

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, One Armed Boxer said:

Putin gave him Russian citizenship based on their long standing friendship, which resulted in Seagal hilariously being identifed as a threat to national security by Ukraine.

That puts the Ukraine off the holiday map then, it might also be the reason he's seeked out Thailand for his next movie?. Though I think that has more to do with the low cost of the film crews over there?.

I wonder if Putin has all of Seagals DTV movies?.

• Like 3

One Armed Boxer
24 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

Though I think that has more to do with the low cost of the film crews over there?.

From the man himself (speaking with an unusual amount of enthusiasm!) - 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, One Armed Boxer said:

From the man himself (speaking with an unusual amount of enthusiasm!) - 

He recently made an appearance on a U.K Morning T.V news show, and at the end of the vieo they asked him about his latest movie Attrition. He gave a very short response, but said it was the best movie he had made in a long time. Not that it would take much to be an improvement on the like's Flight Of Fury and Attack Force. The rest of the interview was purely political stuff.

• Like 4

On 14/10/2017 at 7:22 AM, LoBo said:

At least I think maximum conviction had better and more fights than for ex out of reach, where he just threw people into walls. 

Why would you hire Yuen Tak, the guy who did Dragon From Russia and Mahjong Dragon, to choreograph Seagal throwing people into walls?

• Like 5

4 hours ago, DrNgor said:

Why would you hire Yuen Tak, the guy who did Dragon From Russia and Mahjong Dragon, to choreograph Seagal throwing people into walls?

Never knew about the Hong Kong choreogrpaher Yuen Tak, working on a Steven Seagal DTV feature. I'd have been even more dispointed with Out Of Reach, if I'd known he was hired to direct the action.

• Like 2