Bruce Lee Memorabilia Thread

Phantom Dreamer

14 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

While I've heard about these figures, I never knew they were this popular. Must have had my head stuck in the sand, when these became a big thing.

Other than books and the odd magazine, I've never been a huge collector of Bruce Lee merchandise. That said, in my early teen yers, I did buy a number of posters/postcards.

Indeed they are. The first batch Arnie (hand)made, sell for as much as $1000! Given that most of these figures are limited editions, they sell out pretty quick. Which goes for a lot of other stuff, with Bruce Lee attached to it. Which is questionable at times at least in my opinion.

I think one of the most expensive Bruce Lee figures made to date was by Toynami (Cinemaquette) which sold for as much as $2000.

4745_5.jpg

4745_0.jpg

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, laagi said:

Indeed they are. The first batch Arnie (hand)made, sell for as much as $1000! Given that most of these figures are limited editions, they sell out pretty quick. Which goes for a lot of other stuff, with Bruce Lee attached to it. Which is questionable at times at least in my opinion.

I dont care how much money I have, or how limited they are, no action figure is worth that price, to me at least.

There is a lot of very questionable and often tacky looking Bruce Lee merchandise. You cant desrcibe those figures as tacky, but certianly over-priced.

9 hours ago, laagi said:

I think one of the most expensive Bruce Lee figures made to date was by Toynami (Cinemaquette) which sold for as much as $2000.

Realistic and well made, but for that price I'd want it to perform a flying kick.

11 hours ago, Phantom Dreamer said:

Bruce Lee Marcy Circuit Trainer. As much as I would like to see Bruce Lee's many HK-TVB appearances, I would loved to have seen Bruce Lee do one workout on this thing. It would answer a lot of unanswered questions.

The Art Of Expressing The Human Body, pretty much gives you a written description of what he was doing. Including his written routines, it would be cool to see him using the machine. Jut don't think it would reveal anymore than we already know, via the above book. He was changing his routine all the time, so know one video could be a consistent look at his routines. While Lee was revoloitionary in the Martial Arts, I dont think his approach to using weight was as ground breaking.

Phantom Dreamer
1 hour ago, DragonClaws said:

The Art Of Expressing The Human Body, pretty much gives you a written description of what he was doing.

Yes, I read that book, I just wish there was video of him using it. I am kind of surprised nothing ever turned up after all these years. I assumed he still had a Super 8 camera or equivalent once he moved back to Hong Kong, so maybe there was a chance at least one workout was recorded for later analysis or whatever reason. Also, by that time he acquired the Marcy unit, late 1972, he had access to actual movie cameras. It seems unfair that there are dozens of Chuck Norris Total Gym infomercials, but no video of Bruce Lee working out.

57 minutes ago, Phantom Dreamer said:

Yes, I read that book, I just wish there was video of him using it. I am kind of surprised nothing ever turned up after all these years. I assumed he still had a Super 8 camera or equivalent once he moved back to Hong Kong, so maybe there was a chance at least one workout was recorded for later analysis or whatever reason. Also, by that time he acquired the Marcy unit, late 1972, he had access to actual movie cameras. It seems unfair that there are dozens of Chuck Norris Total Gym infomercials, but no video of Bruce Lee working out.

There might be home video footage of him working out?. There's already plenty of home movie footage of him, relating to his Martial Arts work-outs. I'm not wanting to start any rumours here, as I'm in know position to say if its true. The estate might just be waiting for the right time/project to reveal it?, hard to say what they have and dont have, in terms of footage.

Too bad we dont have any footage of him utting people through their paces in Hong Kong, at his home gym. Read a lot of stories about it, but it would be interesting to see it in motion.

I've kinda gone off topic here.

Phantom Dreamer
On 12/11/2017 at 10:58 PM, Phantom Dreamer said:

Bruce Lee Marcy Circuit Trainer. As much as I would like to see Bruce Lee's many HK-TVB appearances, I would loved to have seen Bruce Lee do one workout on this thing. It would answer a lot of unanswered questions.

bruce-lee-circuit-trainer-2.jpg

bruce-lee-circuit-trainer-1.jpg

The Marcy Circuit Trainer from Bruce Lee The Man and the Legend.

IMG_eo2l0m.jpg

5 minutes ago, Phantom Dreamer said:

The Marcy Circuit Trainer from Bruce Lee The Man and the Legend.

It's sometime since I watched that film, did they inlcude shots of his home gym, which was built onto the side of the house?. I can only recall the brief shots of his wieght lying around and the Marcy machine. Suppose a lot of stuff had already been moved? given away? or stolen?.

Phantom Dreamer
1 hour ago, DragonClaws said:

It's sometime since I watched that film, did they inlcude shots of his home gym, which was built onto the side of the house?. I can only recall the brief shots of his wieght lying around and the Marcy machine. Suppose a lot of stuff had already been moved? given away? or stolen?.

It looks like they included shots of people clearing out his Golden Harvest office while describing his home. 

2 minutes ago, Phantom Dreamer said:

It looks like they included shots of people clearing out his Golden Harvest office while describing his home. 

I'm not sure how much was taken from his office by his family?. It was later given to Jackie Chan, who become the owner of what-ever was left in there. Nobody wanted to have the former stars office for years, due to his untimley death. Sure a few items will have gone missing, and been sold onto the black market.

Phantom Dreamer

They probably gave them the clothes, art, etc. Again, I would be interested in the barbell. As long as it wasn't stored outdoors, it could still be used today. Plus, there are pictures of him using it so it would be easy to authenticate.

No mention that a lot of Bruce's equipment was custom made by his friend James Y. Lee. Also a fellow Martial Artist and Welder by trade. Co-Author of several of Lee's books etc.

JamesLee6.jpg

22 hours ago, Phantom Dreamer said:

Mabye it's time to pay the bank a "special" visit... :devil But honestly even if I had this kind of money, what's the sense? Wear it and become Bruce Lee? Put it framed on the wall and have it collect dust? I've been a Bruce Lee collector for years myself. But at some point... I don't know. I feel happier without the huge collection I had to be honest. But to each his own.

19 hours ago, laagi said:

Mabye it's time to pay the bank a "special" visit... :devil But honestly even if I had this kind of money, what's the sense? Wear it and become Bruce Lee? Put it framed on the wall and have it collect dust? I've been a Bruce Lee collector for years myself. But at some point... I don't know. I feel happier without the huge collection I had to be honest. But to each his own.

How much of this is truly genuine too?, some guy thought he'd purchased the blue Kung Fu outfit Lee wore in Enter The Dragon. Until he attended Bruce Lee event, and saw the suit in a glass case, with Linda Lee confirming that it was the genuine thing. Forget the collectors name, it's something I read about online.

On 20/12/2017 at 8:39 PM, Phantom Dreamer said:

"Bruce Lee's personal barbell set is the personal property of Mr. John Little."

Thousands of these barbell sets were made, all indentical, it could be any set from the era. I'm not saying it isn't the real thing, but there must some dodgy dealers out there, wanting to make a proft.

Bolo Yeung still has the barbell Lee kept in his Golden Harvest office. The man knew Lee, and he was there living in Hong Kong at the time, he didnt require the ite through some auction.

Archived