Words On The Dragon - Articles, Interviews, Videos & Pod-Cast's

DragonClaws

Bruce Lee has been dead for 46 years, but that doesn’t keep him out of the news. Reports are circulating that displeasure with Quentin Tarantino’s depiction of the late martial arts star in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood is keeping that film from being released in China, and now we hear via NBC that the Chinatown studio where Lee taught Jeet Kune Do fighting is being resurrected by the protégé of one of his former apprentices.

Bruce Lee’s Martial Arts Studio Has Re-opened in Chinatown

Link- https://www.lamag.com/culturefiles/bruce-lee-chinatown/

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 1

You Must Remember This is a storytelling podcast exploring the secret and/or forgotten histories of Hollywood’s first century. It’s the brainchild and passion project of Karina Longworth (founder of Cinematical.com, former film critic for LA Weekly), who writes, narrates, records and edits each episode. It is a heavily-researched work of creative nonfiction: navigating through conflicting reports, mythology, and institutionalized spin, Karina tries to sort out what really happened behind the films, stars and scandals of the 20th century.

- In this episode, we’ll explore what really happened to Bruce and Brandon Lee, and discuss how an extraordinarily talented artist went from a victim of Hollywood’s racism to one of the industry’s biggest moneymakers long after his death.

Link- https://podbay.fm/podcast/858124601/e/1418741579

0eCy5aXRFGXCD6wwolTs87zuvbuRISGHxnECUgeG

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 1

• Administrator
3 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

@KUNG FU BOB, that looks like your Jim Kelly art-work hanging on the wall next to the Enter The Dragon poster?

@DragonClaws yes, it is. 🤩

Very cool to see that he hung it up at his appearances. The convention in the above interview took place 14 months after my kung fu brother @gorhama met Mr. Kelly at a different convention. At that time he gifted him prints of art that each of us had created of the star, and got autographs from him on additional prints for us. He said that Mr. Kelly was extremely nice and very grateful for the gesture. I've got mine in a frame. 🤓

• Like 2

On 12/1/2019 at 5:36 PM, KUNG FU BOB said:

@DragonClaws yes, it is. 🤩

Very cool to see that he hung it up at his appearances. The convention in the above interview took place 14 months after my kung fu brother @gorhama met Mr. Kelly at a different convention. At that time he gifted him prints of art that each of us had created of the star, and got autographs from him on additional prints for us. He said that Mr. Kelly was extremely nice and very grateful for the gesture. I've got mine in a frame. 🤓

Thats one cool story @KUNG FU BOB How many people can say Jim Kelly hung my art-work up at his public appearances?. He clearly like it a lot, enough to take it to other events.

• Like 2

Here's a longer version of a short subttled interview with stuntman and Martial Artist Bee Chan. I'm not sure if the link still works for the original post/video.

• Like 1

On Bruce Lee, Dan Inosanto, JKD & life after 40 years in Martial Arts!
by Mick Shore

The following Interview was conducted at Larry Hartsell's personal gymnasium in Los Angeles, California. It was written by Mick Shore and originally published by Combat Magazine of the United Kingdom.

Link- http://www.lhjkd.com/interview-larry-2.html

Larry Hartsell.

0fb85b439efe65c35f6d62f656fb19df--brown-

• Like 1