Escape Plan 3: Devil's Station

AlbertV

Wow! I just learned that not only is a third Escape Plan movie is already going to happen (with shooting already having begun on the film), but alongside Sly Stallone and Dave Bautista, who will appear in Escape Plan 2: Hades, Max Zhang will be joining the duo for the third installment. John Herzfeld is directing the film.

http://variety.com/2017/film/asia/escape-plan-3-sylvester-stallone-max-zhang-1202565027/

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, did Escape Plan really do THAT much business! I mean I'll see the sequel but I can think of a multitude of films that are more deserving of sequels!

2 hours ago, SamSeed said:

Wow, did Escape Plan really do THAT much business! I mean I'll see the sequel but I can think of a multitude of films that are more deserving of sequels!

The box-office for the second films not even been counted yet, hell its not even out yet.

If Bautistas back for the third movie, we know his character survives the sequel. Is it me getting older?, or does Hollywood move a lot faster in terms of planning/getting sequels out these days?.

1 hour ago, DragonClaws said:

Is it me getting older?, or does Hollywood move a lot faster in terms of planning/getting sequels out these days?.

Look at Kickboxer. The first reboot wasn't even out but they had already gotten Retaliation developed. I think now they are taking it slow because the only thing we know is that they wrote the third film but it hasn't begun shooting yet....so yeah, it is Hollywood.

So any danger that Sly gets into in Escape Plan 2 will be totally inconsequential then? I know it obviously would b e anyway, but at least give us the illusion! I can't think of many other films where production on the 3rd begins before the second has come out, apart from maybe the Harry Poptter franchise or something like that, it's mystifying why they have so much faith in these films.

Archived