Bruce Lee Estate Thread

Phantom Dreamer

3 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

We've been working to bring to these to you for 2 yrs -thank you to all for your emails, DMs & comments requesting these shoes. Thank u 4 your patience.Wear them with pride!

Who are they? Honestly who's asking for this crap!

BTW, always wondered who owns the rights to the estate of Brandon? Because there's barely anything on him on their websites, besides a small tribute.

• Like 1

DragonClaws
10 minutes ago, laagi said:

BTW, always wondered who owns the rights to the estate of Brandon? Because there's barely anything on him on their websites, besides a small tribute.

Often asked this question, there seems to little to know acknowledgment of his movies and short life and career. Now I understand it must be a very sore subjet for his family, which might be one of the reasons, and who can argue with that? if its the case. That said, I think he's the subject of the next official BL Estate pod-cast?.

1 minute ago, DragonClaws said:

Often asked this question, there seems to little to know acknowledgment of his movies and short life and career. Now I understand it must be a very sore subjet for his family, which might be one of the reasons, and who can argue with that? if its the case. That said, I think he's the subject of the next official BL Estate pod-cast?.

I agree. But I was always under the impression that his widow owns the rights to his estate. And if that's the case looks like she's handling it a bit more delicate to say the least.

• Like 1

DragonClaws
2 minutes ago, laagi said:

I agree. But I was always under the impression that his widow owns the rights to his estate. And if that's the case looks like she's handling it a bit more delicate to say the least.

If his widow does own the estate, then it makes sense, why there hasnt been a whole heap Brandon Lee shoe's, headphones, socks, and T-Shirts.

• Like 1

Phantom Dreamer
12 hours ago, laagi said:

Brandon Lee was engaged to a woman named Eliza Hutton at the time of his death, not married. I don't believe she has any control over his estate. If she does, I stand corrected. I'm not sure if Brandon even had a will when he died.

134671a038463607514ba72f0efbaf32.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Phantom Dreamer said:

Brandon Lee was engaged to a woman named Eliza Hutton at the time of his death, not married. I don't believe she has any control over his estate. If she does, I stand corrected. I'm not sure if Brandon even had a will when he died.

134671a038463607514ba72f0efbaf32.jpg

Like I said, I'm not 100% sure about this. However, seeing that the Lee estate does little to none with his name... one has to wonder as to why?

Just out of curiosity, did Bruce Lee actually have a will? I remember he ordererd all his students to close their Martial Arts schools but besides that?

Phantom Dreamer

The Walk of the Dragon, co-written by Shannon Keasler and now available in the "Bruce Lee family store".

Da3gx34U8AA_mCE.jpg

Edited by Phantom Dreamer

DragonClaws
52 minutes ago, laagi said:

Rejoice :laugh Oh well let's see what other "tribute" products they'll crank out in the near future...

There might not have been a big market for Brandon Lee related stuff?. His early death was tragic, but at least he carved out his own niche, when he could have easily have just starred in BL knock off films as a movie career. He must have faced many challenges not only growing up without a father, but growing up with such a huge legacy on his shoulder. People expecting you to follow in your fathers footsteps while being just as talent at Martial Arts.

8fa274dffc84ad4dff6aac11236b2b8f--brando

31 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

There might not have been a big market for Brandon Lee related stuff?. His early death was tragic, but at least he carved out his own niche, when he could have easily have just starred in BL knock off films as a movie career. He must have faced many challenges not only growing up without a father, but growing up with such a huge legacy on his shoulder. People expecting you to follow in your fathers footsteps while being just as talent at Martial Arts.

8fa274dffc84ad4dff6aac11236b2b8f--brando

I agree this is particulary apparent in many interviews he gave which always ended up him being compared to his dad one way or the other.

• Like 1

Phantom Dreamer

Once again Shannon Keasler retweeting somebody who posted this image of Bruce Lee "hacking away the unessential". I wish they would stop this. Bruce Lee looked healthier in the image on the left. 

DbfUKQgV0AAutrK.jpg

DragonClaws
On 4/23/2018 at 7:57 PM, Phantom Dreamer said:

Once again Shannon Keasler retweeting somebody who posted this image of Bruce Lee "hacking away the unessential". I wish they would stop this. Bruce Lee looked healthier in the image on the left. 

DbfUKQgV0AAutrK.jpg

There's alredy been a discussion on this in the forum, was it in this thread?. Bruce Lee didnt lose weight out of choice, it was down to both his back injury among other thing's. Training as hard/excessively as he did, also woudnt help him to miantain a healthy body weight either. Twitter appears to be most people mis-quoting BL quotes, or quoting other peoples quotes that the Little Dragon was inspired by.

It a great mesage in the above Tweet, it's just not a great that they've used his weight loss to emphasize it.

Edited by DragonClaws

DragonClaws

How many variations of BL Converse do fans need?, I guess there's no limit, until they stopbselling.

Edited by DragonClaws

DragonClaws

Posted these elshwere on the forum, but I never knew they were from the BL Estate.

They were dubious until the money offers came in, did the Little Dragon condone gambling?, did he like to gamble?.

Phantom Dreamer

The difference between much of what is presented in Bruce Lee: A Life and the image that has been preserved and cultivated by Linda Emery Cadwell and Shannon Keasler (Brandon, sadly, died in 1993, accidentally while shooting the 1994 film The Crow). For instance, while Bruce's official cause of death was a cerebral edema, possibly triggered by narcotics in his system, word is that he died in the apartment of actress Betty Ting Pei, with whom he was reportedly having an affair — one of several that are chronicled in the biography.

Matthew points out that he spoke to both Linda and Shannon. "I like them both," he says, "and admire the way they've worked so hard to keep Bruce's image alive and talk about his philosophy and the values that he espoused. So, bracketing that, I was curious, because the image they presented is more like Saint Bruce. I wondered if it was monetary or if it was true belief, and when I talked to Linda, and was interviewing her, my feeling was, 'My God, she really does believe that he was perfect.' And she wasn't fully convinced he'd cheated on her when I interviewed her. I'd written a piece where I'd said Betty Ting Pei was his girlfriend, and she hadn't agreed to the interview until she read that piece, and she basically came in to correct me. She was, like, 'Well, we don't know if this is true,' and I asked, 'So you don't believe it?' 'Well, he was such a good father and such a good husband. I don't think he would do anything to hurt his family.' At that moment I was, like, 'Wow, okay.'

"Here's the thing," he elaborates. "I think to this day, he was the true love of her life; her first true love, and she just has a remarkable love for him. I've been at wakes for students of his, and she kind of offers up things that Bruce said, and I came away feeling, like, 'She's a bit of a high priestess of the Church of Bruce.' My point is, I think it's quite sincere. Secondarily, the Bruce Lee estate, as policy, doesn't get involved with anything that touches on his death — which involved the scandal. As a result, when you see anything that's been authorized by the estate, you'll get his whole life and then there's an ambulance driving by and it goes into the afterwards. So it creates a distorted image of who he was."

• Like 2

Phantom Dreamer

Is "Bruce Tea" still being sold and manufactured? The "Bruce Tea" twitter account hasn't tweeted since last September.

IMG_20180604_144306.jpg

Edited by Phantom Dreamer

Phantom Dreamer
16 minutes ago, Ozzie said:

As far as John Little, the only thing I know of him was when I bought the "Lost" interview on VHS in 95 and the Art of Expressing the Human Body which I think he did... X Ozzie

Well, once upon a time, John Little, probably coined by himself, was once considered the "foremost Bruce Lee historian".

http://jkdlibrary.com/interview-with-john-little-bruce-lee-historian/411/

...a moniker he can have. I appreciate everyone's contribution to Bruce's history. Didn't Bruce say (borrowed perhaps) that "...when one sets onself up as an authority, one is ultimately lost?" 

• Like 1

Phantom Dreamer

Nick Clarke posted this exchange at his forum regarding a dinner Robert Chua was organizing to coincide with the 45th anniversary of Bruce's passing. 

robertchuablestate2.jpg

robertchuablestate3.jpg