Bruce Lee Estate Thread

Phantom Dreamer

1 hour ago, lonesome space said:

So.........what was the big announcement?

"...Bruce Lee is still alive, a recluse, preparing to return in 1983, ten years from the day of his disappearance."

• Like 1

Phantom Dreamer
18 minutes ago, Fist of the Heavenly Sky said:

Personally, I'd pin the blame on the climate of greed and toxicity from the BL estate, which has clearly rubbed off on more than a few folks within the fanbase.

It seems a lot of these historians, if you want to call them that, with picture books out, are frustrated their "rare" pics end up online anyway.

• Like 2

Fist of the Heavenly Sky
6 minutes ago, Phantom Dreamer said:

It seems a lot of these historians, if you want to call them that, with picture books out, are frustrated their "rare" pics end up online anyway.

They don't owe a copyright over those pics. Neither does the BL estate for that matter. If they wanna make a profit out of then hey, that's their problem, but they shouldn't expect the fanbase to just blindly buy that stuff up in a heartbeat.

• Like 1

Fist of the Heavenly Sky

@Phantom Dreamer I just saw LJF's announcement on the Green Bamboo forums, and it's pitiful, to say the least. He should've known better that his hobby was just that, a hobby. Recognition would've been far from between and the only reward would've come in the way of greater satisfaction and knowledge among the BL crowd at large.

• Like 1

sifu iron perm
On 16/09/2017 at 10:17 AM, Silver and Gold Dragon said:

"...Bruce Lee is still alive, a recluse, preparing to return in 1983, ten years from the day of his disappearance."

The man the Myth..greatest ever biopic.

• Like 2

Phantom Dreamer
50 minutes ago, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

Anyone ever listened to Shannon's Bruce Lee Podcast on Nerdist? Personally I would rather stick my dick in a pulsating hornets nest, but just wondered if anyone had checked it out.

https://nerdist.com/podcasts/bruce-lee-podcast/

You're not interested in hearing Bryce Young talk about Bruce Lee's "philosophy"?

https://mobile.twitter.com/analogbryce/status/928299149052669953

DOH7JpFVwAAtcCm.jpg

• Like 3

Phantom Dreamer

This is a bad joke, Shannon & co.

“This was one of those ideas that just worked on every level. What better way to launch a bold, disruptive brand focused on helping people master their energy, than with the ultimate master of control - Boost Lee. We’ve had a huge amount of fun working with the team at Boost and the Bruce Lee Estate to create this campaign and character. We can’t wait for the world to meet him too.”

https://lbbonline.com/news/snap-ldn-creates-bruce-lee-inspired-spokesman-campaign-for-boost/

dffaefd0f4d3aab8293ddef6f6cf647e.png

• Like 1

Phantom Dreamer
22 hours ago, Phantom Dreamer said:

1987 Miller Lite ad starring "Bruce" Piscopo. Obviously, this type of advertisment wouldn't fly today for a multitude of reasons.

hqdefault.jpg

Imagine if the estate was as litigious in 1987 as it has been the past 15-20 years?

• Like 2

On 1/7/2018 at 12:35 AM, Phantom Dreamer said:

Linda Lee circa 1975. 

fashions-kimonos-mrs-linda-bruce-lee-february-1975-75-00710-005-B58912.jpg

fashions-kimonos-mrs-linda-bruce-lee-february-1975-75-00710-003-b5890t.jpg

moden-kimonos-frau-linda-bruce-lee-februar-1975-75-00710-004-b5890y.jpg

moden-kimonos-frau-linda-bruce-lee-februar-1975-75-00710-001-b5890d.jpg

moden-kimonos-frau-linda-bruce-lee-februar-1975-75-00710-b5891c.jpg

linda-lee-mrs-kung-fu-in-london-mrs-kung-fu-linda-lee-widow-of-the-B588MY.jpg

Dang! Linda looking a little hot in these shots!

On 3/12/2018 at 3:12 PM, Phantom Dreamer said:

Imagine if the estate was as litigious in 1987 as it has been the past 15-20 years?

Haha! Joe Piscopo! I had forgotten all about this commercial but that brings back some memories. 

• Like 2

DragonClaws

The latest, from the official voice of The Bruce Lee Estate Shannon Lee.

"I’m working on a book about my father’s philosophy right now… and much, much more!" - S.Lee

Also....

bruce_lee_john_haun_cover_art_by_johnhau

Phantom Dreamer

I think they would help a lot more people and do so much more good if they presented Bruce Lee as the flawed human being he was rather than the fake superman they have marketed dry. Unfortunately that hasn't been their focus or strategy.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

Sales spiel for the latest over priced Bruce Lee inpspired footwear, that according to the makers of the product, took them two years to make. There not cheap either, Mr Lee was a hero to many people, espcially for the working class and repressed and hard done to people of the world. While these shoes are clearly aimed at those with money to burn.

Click on the link below, for those interested in the new designs.

Link- https://shop.brucelee.com/pages/sneakers?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=Sneakers

Two years!? Are you f***ing kidding me... These designs are truly awful at least in my opinion. Just a general question what else is the Lee family/estate doing besides "milking the cow"?

• Like 1

DragonClaws
4 minutes ago, laagi said:

Two years!? Are you f***ing kidding me... These designs are truly awful at least in my opinion

I have to agree with you, but I'm biased, because Bruce Lee shoes are not something I'd spend my money on. Even if I thought the designs were really cool.

From Twitter-

We've been working to bring to these to you for 2 yrs -thank you to all for your emails, DMs & comments requesting these shoes. Thank u 4 your patience.Wear them with pride!