Jean-Claude Van Damme

DragonClaws

Cognoscente

Yeah, that one. It was the first time that I learned about Van Damme being in Predator.

I wasn't expecting the book to be as funny as it was. It made me laugh dozens of times.

• Like 2

DragonClaws

On 5/10/2021 at 4:50 AM, Cognoscente said:

Yeah, that one. It was the first time that I learned about Van Damme being in Predator.

I think he had a part as an extra in one the first Cannon Missing in Action movie too?.

Hard Target: Jean-Claude Van Damme issues a roundhouse kick to class privilege

Link- https://www.theguardian.com

• Like 2

Cognoscente

The below photo from Double Team makes me wish that someone thought about casting him as a mute mime in a tragicomedy.

jgt9f3.jpg

• Like 1

TibetanWhiteCrane
4 hours ago, Cognoscente said:

The below photo from Double Team makes me wish that someone thought about casting him as a mute mime in a tragicomedy.

jgt9f3.jpg

That would be from The Quest though.

• Like 1

Cognoscente

It's been ages since I've seen both. I guess I must have conflated the two with him being goofy in Double Team.

• Like 2

TibetanWhiteCrane
5 hours ago, Cognoscente said:

It's been ages since I've seen both. I guess I must have conflated the two with him being goofy in Double Team.

Oh he's still goofy in that.....

dtjcvd.jpg

• Like 2

Cognoscente

Weirdly, for all of his bombast, Dennis Rodman was nowhere near as annoying as Chris Tucker in Rush Hour. The last time I saw both movies was in the early noughties, and I remember thinking that they should have cast Rodman in Rush Hour.

• Like 2

DragonClaws

The choreogpraphy in this one looks a little different in pace, to other recent Van Damme actioners.

• Like 1

Cognoscente

I like the first interview. His '90s career had a clever trajectory in how he selected his projects. He's like Tom Cruise in that he avoided doing sequels until the late '90s.

• Like 1

Bill Duke, who co-starred in Predator, had confirmed that Van Damme was right about his firing from the film due to him constantly passing out in the suit. Did he purposely pass out due to the news about Bloodsport? In the words of a certain classic commercial...the world may never know. The article can be seen here:

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3682553/predator-star-bill-duke-corroborates-jean-claude-van-dammes-story-fired-sci-fi-classic/

Di79lsDWsAAIcC7-701x416-1.jpeg?w=701&ssl
OriPred_002.jpeg?w=1200&ssl=1

• Like 2