Jean-Claude Van Damme

DragonClaws

"When the streets are a jungle...there can only be one king." - Lionheart a.k.a A.W.O.L(1991) Directed By Sheldon Lettich.

One of my all time favourite Jean-Claude Van-Damme movies, which I bought on VHS with my pocket money. This movie had a lot of heart, to go with its many fight scenes. Remember going round to my friends house to watch it, then replaying the final fight countless times.

(Below)An injured Lyon(Van Damme) shows how big his heart is, when he enter's the lions den. To face upto the 6'2 Attila(Abdul Qissi), in the finale of A.W.O.L. Abdul is the brother of Martial Artist/Actor Michael Qissi, who played Tong Po in Kickboxer(1989).

VanDamme30.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 3

On 1/23/2020 at 12:57 PM, DragonClaws said:

"When the streets are a jungle...there can only be one king." - Lionheart a.k.a A.W.O.L(1991) Directed By Sheldon Lettich.

One of my all time favourite Jean-Claude Van Damme movies, which I bought on VHS with my pocket money. This movie had a lot of heart, to go with its many fight scenes. Remember going round to my friends house to watch it, then replaying the final fight countless times.

(Below)An injured Lyon(Van Damme) shows how big his heart is, when he enter's the lions den. To face upto the 6'2 Attila(Abdul Qissi), in the finale of A.W.O.L. Abdul is the brother of Martial Artist/Actor Michael Qissi, who played Tong Po in Kickboxer(1989).

VanDamme30.jpg

This is one of my favorites of his as well DC, it definitely has heart especially in the way JC's relationship with his brother's widow and niece are portrayed. Harrison Page as his grizzled trainer was great too. And of course Van Damme throws some awesome kicks in this too!

Edited by CT KID
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, CT KID said:

This is one of my favorites of his as well DC, it definitely has heart especially in the way JC's relationship with his brother's widow and niece are portrayed. Harrison Page as his grizzled trainer was great too. And of course Van Damme throws some awesome kicks in this too!

It would not have been the same without Harrison Page playing Joshua. You know his character got screwed over in the past, he's carrying around an injured leg. Did Joshua face Attila or someone similar in the past?. The story seem's to hint at this, whens he's giving Lyon(Van Damme) the pre fight speech.

Actor Harrison Page in a scene from Lionheart.

MV5BMTU3NzIzMDU1M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjIx

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 3

This photo reminds me of Chris Lund's 1980's Bodybuilding photography. There's more to taking a picture like this, than meet's the eye.

(Link Expired)

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 2

Added a Filmography to my first post in this thread. If anyone can spot any mistakes?, I'll make the correct edits/changes. I'll be adding further information to the list in the future, including details of his T.V work etc.

Hard Target(1993)

OYHFXZ3BHRBXVBD4CG3QMZHUJM.jpg

• Like 2

Cognoscente
On 9/19/2017 at 8:24 PM, DragonClaws said:

bd61f0e3b82a417ec32f2f9c659761ea.jpg

The Austrian Oak meets The Muscles From Brussels, during production of Universal Solider(1992).

It's nice to see that they were on good terms following the Predator debacle. In Arnie's book, he implied that they had previously attempted to shoot the finale with Van Damme: "Finally, the producers decided to hire Stan Winston to do a redesign and rearranged to send us back down to Palenque to reshoot the climactic confrontation.”

• Like 2

DragonClaws
21 hours ago, Cognoscente said:

In Arnie's book, he implied that they had previously attempted to shoot the finale with Van Damme: "Finally, the producers decided to hire Stan Winston to do a redesign and rearranged to send us back down to Palenque to reshoot the climactic confrontation.”

Are you reffering to Schwarzenegger's  Total Recall biography?, I've read that one but had forggotten about the section on Van Damme and Predator.

• Like 1