The First Purge (2018)

AlbertV

A fourth film in The Purge series is in development. However, this will actually be the prequel, which will revolve around the first experimental "purge", where all crime is legal for one night, with the setting being Staten Island, New York. Film series creator James DeMonaco has written the screenplay but will not direct the film. Instead, he has handed the reins over to Gerald McMurray and he did announce the film will come out on July 4, 2018.

In addition, DeMonaco is working on a TV series version, which will actually serve as bridges between the film series.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/new-story-details-for-the-purge-the-island/

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cant believe they would have to try to be all political by mocking the Donald Trump hat like that. 

And god, not a tv show! I hate the current trend of people watching tv. Its endless filler, drama, plot turns, and slow pacing. In my opinion, drama tv shows are really for people who don't value their time.

Also, I had this strange idea that number three could basically turn into a gotham story. Where the main character actually becomes batman. 🤔 lol

The movie was unnecasary, did nothing the others didnt already do. It did turn into a sort of building raid movie (ie: hardboiled, the raid) and the martial arts scenes from the gang leader and his assistant were great. Ill watch any of these movies though. Even if this one did feel a but tired. Should have just continued instead of going back.

Archived