Shogun's Ninja released?

Guest GwaiLoMoFo

Guest GwaiLoMoFo

I havent been able to find this at any of the usual suspects that have carried all the Adness titles. Bestbuy's website has its release date at 9/20.? Has it been delayed, or am I just sol? Any of you guys able to get it yet?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kungfusamurai

I thought the transfer was pretty good. I just scanned through the film, so I just quickly looked at the picture. The beginning was kind of grainy, but further into the movie, the image became crisp. There was at least one defect on my DVD where the subtitles in one scene disappear instantaneously after they appeared, making it impossible to read (in the finale where the guy with the beard is being chased, just before he gets snagged by the rope). But like I said, I didn't watch through the whole DVD, so I don't know if there were other moments like that.

That fire dance still looks ultra-gay, even in nice widescreen.

One interesting bit of trivia. I never noticed the guy before, but there was one former cast of Kage No Gundan 1 in Shogun's Ninja. He was the funny, joker guy from that show (I forget the character and actor's name). He was the one who's wife turned in the gang for the reward money.

Overall, a great DVD worth the purchase. I'll probably get Executioner 1 and 2 when DeepdiscountDVD have their big sale around Xmas.

KFS

Archived