Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (2019) - Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Adam Driver

AlbertV

God I so want this to be a success,nothing to spectacular in the final trailer which could be a good thing(hopefully)

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/22/2019 at 9:53 PM, sym8 said:

God I so want this to be a success,nothing to spectacular in the final trailer which could be a good thing(hopefully)

I think the latest trilogy of films deserved better writing. I feel they havent succesfully handed the future of the story over to the new character's. I have no issue or problem with them killing of well known established character's, but they jut handled those moments very poorly in my opinion. The actors have all done a fine job with what they were given. I feel by now, the only charcters who should be in th film are the new one's. This all said, if I was 8 years old and these films were my intorudction to the wolrd of Star War's. I'm sure I would have a lot less to moan about. The praise for the orginal films is so blown up now, that nothing is ever going to live upto them in some peoples eyes.

A convoluted, uninspired, boring, fan servicing, visually stunning mess... An overall unworhty end to a saga that spanned nearly 4 decades. I have spoken :yociexpress07:

I liked it,not great but not as bad as some of the reviews I read.It did feel like at times they were making this up as they were going along and it does feel like they ran out of time but it was enjoyable and I would recommend it.(superior to the prequels in my opinion)

The review on my letterboxd is quite clear on my dislike of this movie.

tl;dr convoluted mess, and a shitty way to end this saga. Absolutely dreadful

I dont have too much to comment on the way they handled the story in this film, but not to say I really had a problem with how they did anything either. I dont know how I feel about who Rey is related to, maybe I have a problem with that. 

Anyway highly, highly enjoyable movie experience.

Good, not great. I feel they made they made bits up on the spot here and there and they certainly toyed with what the Force can and can’t do in a weird way. But it was definitely an enjoyable watch. I thought the action was great, even if the story wasn’t.

It is the best of the new trilogy to me, but only because I don’t think very highly of the first two.  The Force Awakens is a remake of a New Hope, so it never really did much for me. The Last Jedi has plot problems and takes theme over character. That’s to say, they had to make the characters really stupid in order to get their message across about the definition of heroism.  

The Rise of Skywalker didn’t even attempt a theme like TLJ (there wasn’t time), but it’s very entertaining from beginning to end and it tries to give everyone what they want.  It worked for me.  Very strong emotional moments and huge action set pieces.  However...

Spoiler

The movie does take away from Anakin being “the chosen one” that brought balance to the force since the emperor never died.

Of the new movies that have come out since the Disney take over, Rogue One still reigns supreme.  

12 hours ago, massa_yoda said:

It is the best of the new trilogy to me, but only because I don’t think very highly of the first two.  The Force Awakens is a remake of a New Hope, so it never really did much for me. The Last Jedi has plot problems and takes theme over character. That’s to say, they had to make the characters really stupid in order to get their message across about the definition of heroism.  

The Rise of Skywalker didn’t even attempt a theme like TLJ (there wasn’t time), but it’s very entertaining from beginning to end and it tries to give everyone what they want.  It worked for me.  Very strong emotional moments and huge action set pieces.  However...

Reveal hidden contents

The movie does take away from Anakin being “the chosen one” that brought balance to the force since the emperor never died.

Of the new movies that have come out since the Disney take over, Rogue One still reigns supreme.  

The more I watch Rougue One the more I agree

12 hours ago, massa_yoda said:

Rogue One is my favourite Star Wars movie. I love it.

Well I watched it again and now dont know what to make of it even more, more in a negative way. After getting over my initial excitement of just watching a new Star Wars I dont know how good I feel about this movie. Nodded off and on through the film this time around and didnt miss a thing. 

The knights of ren are a great concept, the underground dith layer is a great concept, but beyond a couple cool settings Idk how well this film holds up on its own with bad dialogue and questionable plot closings. I will say I actually found Finn a lot more tolerable in this one. 

Archived