Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (2019) - Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Adam Driver

AlbertV

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Major announcement! J.J. Abrams  will return to direct Episode IX as well as co-write the screenplay with Chris Terrio. Disney made the announcement on Monday and as a result, the release date got pushed back to December 2019.

2 hours ago, AlbertV said:

Major announcement! J.J. Abrams  will return to direct Episode IX as well as co-write the screenplay with Chris Terrio. Disney made the announcement on Monday and as a result, the release date got pushed back to December 2019.

Episode XIII hasnt hit cinemas and there's already working on the next movie. Not sure this conveyor belt style of production will hold up too well for Disney, in the long term that is.

There appears to have been a few problems on the set of the Han Solo movie too, with Ron Howard being drafted in to finnish it.

On 9/14/2017 at 2:28 PM, DragonClaws said:

Episode XIII hasnt hit cinemas and there's already working on the next movie. Not sure this conveyor belt style of production will hold up too well for Disney, in the long term that is.

There appears to have been a few problems on the set of the Han Solo movie too, with Ron Howard being drafted in to finnish it.

Yes, Episode VIII (The Last Jedi) will be out in December, so that's giving Abrams and Chris Terrio time to pen Episode IX. The problem is that Kathleen Kennedy and Lawrence Kasdan hires these directors but instead of letting them use their visions (after all, why else would they hire them) and virtually turn them into "puppets". They expect a certain tone, which is why in the case of Lord and Miller, they wanted to bring a bit of their trademark comic style while keeping the Star Wars tone as well, but no, that didn't happen and so Ron Howard took over. And now the same goes for Colin Trevorrow, who left for the same reason, "creative differences".

No disrespect to LucasFilm as I love the Star Wars films, but don't go hiring filmmakers if you don't plan to let them use their visions. Directors are more than just name value. 

DragonClaws

Luke didnt die in the last movie, he simply used the force to shrink himself to the size of an atom. Now living under a small rock on Endor. The new empire, republic, or who ever the villians are this time round, spend all of their efforts building a huge magnifiying glass, in order to try and find him. You heard it first on Kung Fu Fandom forums.

luke-last-jedi-deleted-1519999388.png?re

I'm sure more fans will either see Episode IX on bootleg or not at all. Honestly, I love how they're trying to say that people didn't see Solo because "it was released too close to Episode XIII, or people didn't have money"

Not a lot in the trailer to get excited about but that might be a good thing.Only a teaser though so we might get more in the full blown one.

Caught it yesterday. Still not feeling it after TLJ, but it's nice to see Billy Dee back (even though he is 82 years old and they pushed him back into a gym) and the Emperor. 

You can't tell me it's not Emperor Palpatine because Ian McDiarmid made an appearance right after the laugh at Star Wars Celebration

On 4/13/2019 at 4:30 AM, laagi said:

An awful trailer to be honest. I'm still gonna watch it but still, WTF!

That's why it's a teaser. They still have to release an official full-on trailer. I'm sure it will be much better....but that laugh! It's gotta be!

DragonClaws
6 hours ago, AlbertV said:

That's why it's a teaser. They still have to release an official full-on trailer. I'm sure it will be much better....but that laugh! It's gotta be!

On 4/13/2019 at 7:34 PM, Ah_Tao said:

You can't tell me it's not Emperor Palpatine because Ian McDiarmid made an appearance right after the laugh at Star Wars Celebration

Unless Snoke had a brother knowone was told about?.

5 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

Unless Snoke had a brother knowone was told about?.

That would be so bleh tbh. But then again, they are remaking the original trilogy essentially so you never know. I was cool with TLJ until Rian-has-no I mean Rian Johnson, JJ, etc started attacking fans who critiqued the movie. At this point it's whatever. I'm not going to rush to see it unless I'm being dragged into the theaters.

On 4/16/2019 at 3:00 PM, AlbertV said:

Yeah but isn't a teaser suppose to make you excited? Overall it just got a lazy feeling... look at the title.

But I'll give it the benefit of doubt and will wait for the full trailer.

DragonClaws
19 hours ago, Ah_Tao said:

That would be so bleh tbh. But then again, they are remaking the original trilogy essentially so you never know. I was cool with TLJ until Rian-has-no I mean Rian Johnson, JJ, etc started attacking fans who critiqued the movie. At this point it's whatever. I'm not going to rush to see it unless I'm being dragged into the theaters.

Yeah, the story writing/direction has been very weak with these new Trilogy movies. I think the visual designers/aritst, sets, actors, composers, FX artists etc etc, have done a Grade A job with the film's. However, off all the possiblities they had to create new villians. They have a whole Unirse worth of character's, the possibilities for creating new ones, are endless. This is fantasy and sci-fiction, yet they still followed the older films.

I do think some fans have put the older movies onto a pedestal, a very high one at that. Episode 4 was groundbreaking for a whole number of reasons, but critics were not praising Luacs for the story or direction back in the late 70's. That al said, I'm sure if I was seven year's old again, I'd love these new films just as much.

1 hour ago, DragonClaws said:

Yeah, the story writing/direction has been very weak with these new Trilogy movies. I think the visual designers/aritst, sets, actors, composers, FX artists etc etc, have done a Grade A job with the film's. However, off all the possiblities they had to create new villians. They have a whole Unirse worth of character's, the possibilities for creating new ones, are endless. This is fantasy and sci-fiction, yet they still followed the older films.

I do think some fans have put the older movies onto a pedestal, a very high one at that. Episode 4 was groundbreaking for a whole number of reasons, but critics were not praising Luacs for the story or direction back in the late 70's. That al said, I'm sure if I was seven year's old again, I'd love these new films just as much.

So true though. John Williams steals the show as usual. Even his score for Solo was amazing. You have the new Clone Wars trailer that fans are going more crazy about all of a sudden. 

Regarding what you said about the villains, its as if they took the route of Star Trek IV by having no definitive bad guy and stretched it out for 2 movies so far. Who knows? What if Sheev's holograms will be the only thing thats shown in the movie like Battlefront 2? Maybe JJ will win the hearts of the lost fans back but I'm not too confident that will happen after his comments from a couple of months back.

Coincidentally, this popped up on my feed today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1cSrSuy0qE&app=desktop

Defiantly not interested in this film. The other two have been a spit in the face of the original Saga. Going to pretend this doesn't exist. 

What are peoples thoughts on the new trailer?.

Does C3-PO reveal himself to be a double agent?, who's been feeding the Empire/First Order with information for decades?.

No more Mr Nice Guy/robot?.

is-c-3po-evil-in-the-rise-of-skywalker.p

Archived