Enter the Fat Dragon (2020) - Donnie Yen

DiP

The action will most definitely be the selling point. But seeing how Chasing the Dragon turned out (above average imo) I'm interesting to see how this one gets treated, with very low expectations still.

• Like 2

Surprised they're not shooting for a CNY release, but if it means we get it sooner I'm all for it. Thanks for that, DiP.

• Like 3

New Teaser (Edit: Appears to be the same as the last released trailer, only this one says "2020"). 

Edited by mpm74
  • Like 2

Looks like it is being added to the list of movies for CNY.

Already confirmed for CNY are.

Jackie Chan's Vanguard 

Dante Lam's The Rescue

Dectective Chinatown 3 with Wang Baoqiang,Tony Jaa & Zhang Zifeng. Zhang should help pull in the younger crowd.

Lost In Russia w/ Zheng Xu. This one is kind of a trilogy after Lost In Thailand & Lost In Hong Kong. Oh Wait, there was also Lost On Journey too.

Zhong Guo Nv Pai w/ Gong Li 

Bonnie Bear: The Wild Life - Animation movie

Legend of Deification - Animation movie

Very likely there will be more movies added.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, thekfc said:

Bonnie Bear: The Wild Life - Animation movie

I'm looking forward to both Fat Dragon and actually this one...I recently saw one of the Boonie Bears movies and I laughed my butt off. I think it was a re-release of their first animated film.

• Like 2

Rodolphe Dux
6 hours ago, One Armed Boxer said:

This will be released in western countries as 'Enter the Plus Sized Dragon'.

With a rainbow flag on the nunchucks.

22 hours ago, rdenn said:

wonder who the main villain is in this movie

Good question, for the western audience, probably an old white guy catholic and pro trump. For eastern audience, maybe a Japanese guy.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, One Armed Boxer said:

This will be released in western countries as 'Enter the Plus Sized Dragon'.

If thats the case, then maybe they should have re-cast this athletic lady in the lead role.

Martial Artist and model Mia Kang.

Source- https://curvage.org/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/34052-mia-kang/

Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Model and professional Muay Thai fighter Mia Kang has opened up about going from 115 lbs to 170 lbs.

Mia-Kang-MMA-1.jpg

004ab69133c0c68d8c0f89acb5296bd6.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 1

One Armed Boxer
17 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

If thats the case, then maybe they should have re-cast this athletic lady in the lead role.

Martial Artist and model Mia Kang.

Source- https://curvage.org/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/34052-mia-kang/

curvage.org hey, so now we know where to find you if you ever go quiet on this forum.:angel:

• Like 2

6 hours ago, One Armed Boxer said:

curvage.org hey, so now we know where to find you if you ever go quiet on this forum.

Too right, I posted a few articles/pictures and links relating to Mia Kang on this very forum since joining. She proves you can be strong athletic and not fit into the so called normal sizes. People exist in many shapes and size's, while I'm not hercules I love women to look healthy. On a more serious note, If I go quite on the forums its more likely to do with my family's/pets health issues at the moment.

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 1

On 1/4/2020 at 11:28 AM, Rodolphe Dux said:

With a rainbow flag on the nunchucks.

Good question, for the western audience, probably an old white guy catholic and pro trump. For eastern audience, maybe a Japanese guy.

The majority of the movie is set in Japan, so most likely a Japanese guy. I don't think it will be nationalistic/xenophobic though because it's an action comedy directed by Japanese action director/stuntman Kenji Tanigaki.

Edited by DiP
  • Like 2

Rodolphe Dux
27 minutes ago, DiP said:

The majority of the movie is set in Japan, so most likely a Japanese guy. I don't think it will be nationalistic/xenophobic though because it's an action comedy directed by Japanese action director/stuntman Kenji Tanigaki.

Sure I was just kidding :). But I’m pretty sure the villain will be Japanese ‘cause it is very current nowadays in Chinese and South Korean movies to have some cruel and bleak Japanese characters. I just watched battleship Island, they claim that it’s not anti-jap, well...

• Like 1

Rodolphe Dux
7 hours ago, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

Nowadays??? It's been "trending" since 1970.... circa Chinese Boxer.

True. Even if modern Japanese villain are even more pathetic, the rich arrogant moronic Japanese heir with bling is the modern stereotype.

Edited by Rodolphe Dux
  • Like 1