Attrition (2018) Steven Seagal, Fan Siu-Wong, Yu Kang

DragonClaws

2 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

It doesnt bode well, if its the best thing he's done since Absolution, how does it rate wth his more well known films?.

It's funny how he's ended up being doubled so much, I always felt his style of Martial Art's, would be easier to perform on screen, then say Jackie Chans stunt laden work. Or Van Dammes much more ahtletic, and energetic film combat style. With Aikido being more about using your opponent's weight against them.

Imgine how Sammo Hung, Jackie Chan would have choreographed the pool hall scene in Out For Justice(1990).

See my previous post. 

• Like 1

very good  film. Definately one of his best since his heyday.  For me he as made a few descent b-movies that i have enjoyed .  i feel like he as copied a few moves eg. rapid punches from ip man but  the choreography on this seems well done and the guy from stroy of ricky  is pretty good also  in this. 

• Like 1

I was able to find the Echo Bridge DVD in one of the bins at my local Walmart. $9.88 - Not bad. I am watching it now and it is worth the price so far. Does seem like one of his better films in a while. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, One Armed Boxer said:

I finally got around to watching Seagal's latest magnum opus this weekend (the joys of self isolaiton), and gave it the full review treatment over at COF.  Check it out via the link -

https://cityonfire.com/attrition-aka-final-mission-2018-review-steven-seagal/

Thank you for another great review. Despite of all his BS somehow I still like the guy :laugh Must be because I grew up with him and he was pretty much the impersination of a bad ass back then.

• Like 3

OpiumKungFuCracker

How did I miss this for the past 2 years? Steven Seagal Wing chun movie? I was hoping for it to be sucky so that I could say in the review: Attrition was atrocious:BL-Laughing: It's actually not that bad. Also it might be the ageing or CGI but I thought Seagal was Chinese, I was like, who the fock is this guy imitating Seagal, hahahah! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, OpiumKungFuCracker said:

Also it might be the ageing or CGI but I thought Seagal was Chinese,

He talks about his Asian heritage in the recent Scott Adkins Art of Action interview.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I saw this movie after his interview with Mr. Adkins (which i believe many of us have done). At first, i was like "oh okay Seagal, so you're now Ip Man", but it turned out to be a decent movie (not something particulary hard to do after done so much shit for years an average movie comes out looking like "Citizen Kane").

• Like 3
  • Haha 1