Attrition (2018) Steven Seagal, Fan Siu-Wong, Yu Kang

DragonClaws

DragonClaws

Attrition- the process of reducing something's strength or effectiveness through sustained attack or pressure.

ATTRITION-SALES-BROCHURE-630x430.jpg

IMDB Synopsis- When a Thai girl with mythical powers goes missing, Axe(Seagal) and his old team unite in attempts to bring her back.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm sure Bey Logan has been attached to this project, via his production company B&E Films?. Steven Seagal has also been credited as the sole writers, on the movies official IMDB page.

For more images from this up-coming movie, go check out The Action Elite site, Link- http://theactionelite.com/2017/08/new-photos-from-steven-seagals-attrition/

• Like 3

One Armed Boxer
21 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm sure Bey Logan has been attached to this project, via his production company B&E Films?

He's a producer on it, but don't believe his production company is involved.  Check out the sales brochure here for more details and some nice onset stills - 

ATTRITION-SALES-BROCHURE.pdf

Source - http://cityonfire.com/steven-seagal-gets-mythical-with-attrition/

• Like 2

DragonClaws
29 minutes ago, One Armed Boxer said:

He's a producer on it, but don't believe his production company is involved.  Check out the sales brochure here for more details and some nice onset stills - 

ATTRITION-SALES-BROCHURE.pdf

Source - http://cityonfire.com/steven-seagal-gets-mythical-with-attrition/

Thanks for that @One Armed Boxer

B&E Productions, which I think is the name of Logans production company?, is listed in the IMDB Production Company credits for this movie. Along with a few other companies that are tied to the film.

ATTRITION-SALES-BROCHURE7.jpg?resize=102

ATTRITION-SALES-BROCHURE8.jpg?resize=102

ATTRITION-SALES-BROCHURE9.jpg?resize=102

ATTRITION-SALES-BROCHURE10.jpg?resize=10

Bey Logan with legendary old-school actor Fan Miu-San(Magnificent Butcher) and his son Louise Fan Siu-Wong, on the set of Attrition.

20664688_1506571556053107_46328476192830

20689926_1508437699199826_43782910729298

The above stills were posted by DiDa, over at the un-official Steven Seagal site.

Link- http://www.steven-seagal.net/xen/index.php?threads/attrition-2017-post-production.17141/page-11

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 1

Thanks to fellow Kung Fu Fandom member @LoBo, for the following information.

Just had contact with Mathieu Weschler. Editing is done and he delivered his cut to the producers.
The movie is now going to the AFM for buyers.

Trailer will be coming soon.

One Armed Boxer
On 11/28/2017 at 6:27 AM, DragonClaws said:

Seagal on the set of Attrition.

23659505_1599833050060290_24313179937785

Or is it his DTV double?  Looks rather slim to me.:tongueout

• Like 2

13 hours ago, One Armed Boxer said:

Or is it his DTV double?  Looks rather slim to me.:tongueout

He's shed some pounds, the orange sunglasses remain though.

Some more behind the scenes pictures.

fb_img_1500215581811-jpg.19803

facebook_1502439372607.jpg

received_10156671505060018.jpeg

• Like 1

ShaOW!linDude

Wow, that actually looks like one of the best trailers I've seen for a Seagal movie in a while. I kind of want to see it.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, ShaOW!linDude said:

Wow, that actually looks like one of the best trailers I've seen for a Seagal movie in a while. I kind of want to see it.

Ironic, that what looks like his best work in years, comes out when his public image has been shattered. He should have skipped all those DTV movies he made, and gone to Thailand years ago.

• Like 2

On 27/01/2018 at 11:58 AM, One Armed Boxer said:

My thoughts exactly!

On 27/01/2018 at 10:50 AM, laagi said:

The Grandmaster :bs_coveredlaugh:

Never made the connection, but now you've pointed it out I see exactly what you mean.

• Like 1

Drunken Monk

New trailer...

Despite the obvious rip-off of "The Grandmaster," I hate to say it but this actually looks quite good. I mean, the action looks solid. I'm sure Seagal himself will be edited and doubled to fuck as I hear he usually is but there honestly looks to be some good fight scenes in this one.

• Like 1

DragonClaws
26 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

Despite the obvious rip-off of "The Grandmaster," I hate to say it but this actually looks quite good. I mean, the action looks solid. I'm sure Seagal himself will be edited and doubled to fuck as I hear he usually is but there honestly looks to be some good fight scenes in this one.

I said this in another thread, it's a shame that what looks to be his best movie since Exit Wounds, come's about fifteen years too late. After he's dirven his career into the ground by appearing in some of the worst DTV flicks around.

There's been alot of Martial Arts movies, were the characters wear outfits similar to The Grandmaster. Jet Li has rocked a similar look in some of his period movies, such as Once Upon A Time In China & America. Jackie Chan's old Sifu also had a very similar look in his 1970's fight flick The Old Master. The Grandmaster movie did revive the look, but its been part of Asian cinema for some time. I guess a lot of the old Master's used to dress in the same style?.

• Like 1

Drunken Monk
21 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

There's been alot of Martial Arts movies, were the characters wear outfits similar to The Grandmaster. Jet Li has rocked a similar look in some of his period movies, such as Once Upon A Time In China & America. Jackie Chan's old Sifu also had a very similar look in his 1970's fight flick The Old Master. The Grandmaster movie did revive the look, but its been part of Asian cinema for some time. I guess a lot of the old Master's used to dress in the same style?.

The fight is in the rain like "The Grandmaster" and, apparently, Seagal has been learning some Wing Chun. Call me a curmudgeon but I don't think it's coincidence.

DragonClaws
5 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

The fight is in the rain like "The Grandmaster" and, apparently, Seagal has been learning some Wing Chun. Call me a curmudgeon but I don't think it's coincidence.

No, its certainly not a coincidence, but his character also appears to fit a lot of old master movie tropes.

YuJimYuen-4-b.jpg

There was no mention of Bey Logan on the new trailer you posted, is he even still with the company who funded the film?.