Disney's The Lion King (2019)

AlbertV

635880564735956152-884447601_lion%20king

Jon Favreau will be directing a live-action adaptation of the 1994 classic Disney film The Lion King. Favreau is making the film the same way as he did with his hit adaptation of The Jungle Book, using CGI and realistic settings for the story of Simba.

Casting has been announced:

Donald Glover will voice Simba (adult)
Beyonce Knowles-Carter will voice Nala (adult)
James Earl Jones will return from the original film to voice Mufasa
Alfre Woodard will voice Sarabi (Simba's mother)
Seth Rogen will voice Puumba
Billy Eichner will voice Timon
John Oliver will voice Zazu
John Kani will voice Rafiki
Chiwetel Ejiofor will voice the film's central villain Scar.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Disney releases another beloved classic in a long line of "live-action" adaptations, with no end in sight whatsoever.

The Lion King was one of the first movies I watched in cinemas as a child. Even though I haven't watched it in almost 20 years, once the movie started I remembered almost every scene.

It's pretty much a shot per shot remake of the original, including score and dialogue. I compared some scenes later on youtube and was shocked at the "copy paste" job they did at times. Don't mess with a classic, right? Well not exactly.

I will be the first to admit that the 2019 version looks amazing. It's some of the best I've seen in animation to this day. Heck at times I was wondering is this really animated? BUT, all of this doesn't help if it's lacking the emotion and soul of the original, which the animals show zero throughout the movie.

It's ok at first but gets irritating very quickly. You just sit there and basically don't care. Some of the most tear-jerking scenes are so numb, it's mind blowing. You can tell that they tried to make up for this with the voice actors but in most instances it just doesn't convey the feelings and emotions it could or should. In some rare cases it works, mostly with Timon and Pumbaa but it's far too few.

After the credits rolled I felt like I watched an animal documentary where for some odd reason they speak and sing. Sounds akward... it is.

So in conclusion you have a visually stunning movie with no emotion and no soul. Which probably sums up a lot of these recent adaptations. I'll stick to the original!

Never seen the original,so I can’t compare but me and my partner(she has seen the original) loved it.It looks absolutely amazing and can cgi get any better than this.I keep asking myself how do they do this,totally amazing 👍👍

Archived