Cobra Kai (2018-2025) William Zabka, Ralph Macchio, Tanner Buchanan, Xolo Mariduena, Mary Mouser, Peyton List

AlbertV

NoKUNGFUforYU

Paul Walter Hauser starred in Richard Jewell directed by Clint Eastwood. He's the hot character actor right now, sort of a redneck Steve Buscemi I guess, but he's been pretty busy. The gal that played Aisha has only Cobra Kai as her one credit. Hopefully she gets another chance, but I'm not holding my breath.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, laagi said:

I just realized that two fan favourites were missing in season 3... What happened there?

tmp_SaYCtO_3672192af42f1a01_COB_210-2018

0nrzj68b2jn51.png

This article goes into a bit more detail. It seems it was not her decision but from the writer's perspective it looks as though they had so many characters to cram into season 3 there wouldn't have been enough of a story for her: https://screenrant.com/cobra-kai-season-3-aisha-robinson-nichole-brown-left-why/

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Iron_Leopard

Stallone movies referenced so far in Cobra Kai

Rocky III

Rambo II

Over the Top

Tango and Cash

This show must really love some 80s Stallone.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I predicted such... Great to have the rumor confirmed. Now remains the question... Will Sean Kanan return as Mike Barnes too? :D

• Like 3

7 hours ago, DiP said:

I predicted such... Great to have the rumor confirmed. Now remains the question... Will Sean Kanan return as Mike Barnes too? :D

I'm still waiting for Hilary Swank.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, SamSeed said:

It's official, Thomas Ian Griffith is returning as Terry Silver in Season 4!

If he does the "wah!" like he did in Karate Kid III, I'm gonna die

• Like 3

edher_M.A.

Ahhh Finally they make if official!!!!  There's still 2 more main characters from the original Karate Kid series, Mike Barnes and Julie. Hope they use them for other seasons so they can focus only on Terry Silver this time.

• Like 4

Considering how batshit Karate Kid 3 was, I'll be interested to see how they incorporate it. In fact, Daniel shouldn't be in the least frightened of Kreese. "Hey, remember that time when you were well into your forties but you spent your time frightening a teenager?".

Also if Julie comes back I'm sure they'd put her as a surprise at the end of a season like they did with Kreese.

Edited by SamSeed
  • Like 3

https://newsbeezer.com/perueng/cobra-kai-why-chad-mcqueen-refused-to-re-appear-as-a-dutchman-one-of-johnnys-old-friends-the-karate-kid-netflix-series-nnda-nnlt-fame/

It's been revealed that a schedule conflict with his racing career is the reason why Chad McQueen couldn't return as Dutch for Cobra Kai's reunion of the OG Cobras in Season 2. McQueen retired from acting in 2001 to focus on his car racing career. 

Here's the website to his racing team
https://www.mcqueen-racing.com/

And on another Cobra Kai-related note, Tanner Buchanan stars in the gender reversal reboot He's All That (premiered on Netflix this past weekend) and get this. His character of Cameron is an aspiring photographer who likes "Kurosawa, kung fu, and Kubrick". He even mentions the names Johnny Wang and Jimmy Wang when seeing double features at the New Beverly. One can only guess he means Wang Lung-Wei and Wang Yu. He also has a fight scene against the bad boy bully of the film, the lead character's ex-boyfriend. 

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 2

First reviews are in and they're rather mixed. However, it's certified fresh (100%) on RT at the time of writing. 

I'm rather hesitant to watch another season of Cobra Kai to be fair. I felt while there was a lot to enjoy it's been pretty much the same all over again. Nevertheless I'll give this a shot! 

• Like 3

Spoiler

I binged the series today. It remains an easy watch, though the plot is beginning to get very, very repetitive. There's only so many rivalries, team ups then back to rivalries before it begins to get dull.

That said, Thomas Ian Griffith was delightfully evil, to the extent I even began to feel sympathy for Kreese.

The teenage drama gets a bit grating, especially Sam and Tory. Good fight in the finale though and I'm glad Tory got some development.

• Like 2

Binge watched it today. I'm really not sure what to think about this series anymore. I mean the cheese, cringe, drama, comedy and karate it's just one hell of an akward mix.

Johnny as expected had some of the best laugh out loud moments although this time around these moments are very borderline funny. The story is pretty much the same ol' same ol' just with new villains and new characters as substitutes to what we've seen (three times) before.

My biggest issue with this season was that the line between good and bad has become even more muddled. I mean for most of the episodes everybody behaves like a total d*ck! Makes it kind of hard to root for anybody. Although they did add some last minute redeeming qualities at least to some characters so there's that.

Two surprise appearances which I didn't expect. One as you'll learn having quite the impact towards the end. Speaking of which they sure went out of their way to set up one hell of a season 5 or who knows how many more.

Once you start picking apart the whole thing it's pretty darn bad. Basically it's a bunch of middle aged has beens who are taking out their decade long quarrels using a bunch of nosy adolescents. Pretty pathetic if you look at it from this perspective.

By now I should probably hate this. There's so many things which are just not worth your time.

BUT Cobra Kai seems to walk this thin line where it still ends up being entertaining. For whatever reason that may be; I have no clue to be honest. Maybe an overconsumption of memberberries!? This goes for this season as well and will probably end up being the case for season 5 too.

I just wonder how long it will take Cobra Kai to overstay its welcome. I guess that will be up to us the viewer.

Edited by laagi
  • Like 4

OpiumKungFuCracker

Finished Season 4, although not as good as last season it’s still quite enjoyable. I’m ready for season 5 to begin. 

• Like 3

I binged Season 4 as well and while Season 3 is my favorite season so far, season 4 does have some fun moments and some nice surprises when it comes to references...I mean come on, Devon (the newest member of Eagle Fang) mentions Lady Dragon and Cynthia Rothrock FFS!

The reason to see this season is Thomas Ian Griffith and his transition from the "I'm over it" Terry Silver to the Terry Silver we all know and love....yes I actually loved his Karate Kid III persona when he was so damn evil! 

They even reference Bloodsport. I have to agree with @laagi with the surprise appearances as they were unexpected but nothing compared to the literal last minute of the finale before the credits roll...I actually yelled "holy s**t"!!! 

Season 5 is already in the can...they finished shooting a few weeks ago and I believe the creators said they had planned to make the story a 6-season series. 

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 5

OpiumKungFuCracker

Yeah they should stop at 6 seasons. But the show is pretty popular so I won’t be surprised if it goes 10 seasons 

• Like 2