Cobra Kai (2018-2025) William Zabka, Ralph Macchio, Tanner Buchanan, Xolo Mariduena, Mary Mouser, Peyton List

AlbertV

Billy Zabka posted on his Instagram today that Netflix is now the official home of Cobra Kai. Seasons 1 & 2 will arrive later this year with Season 3 coming at a date TBA.

• Like 4

On 6/22/2020 at 4:04 PM, AlbertV said:

Billy Zabka posted on his Instagram today that Netflix is now the official home of Cobra Kai. Seasons 1 & 2 will arrive later this year with Season 3 coming at a date TBA.

They've moved season 3 back till sometime in 2021, l imagine April will be the soonest we'll likely see it.

Edited by CT KID
  • Like 4

Season 1 and 2 came out on DVD in the UK and so I've just binged it all in two days. It is one of my favourite series and ten hours absolutely flies by. I'd seen Season 1 but this was my first time watching Season 2. I love how many shades of grey they added to Daniel and developing Johnny, fleshing out his backstory and escalating his conflict with the concept of Cobra Kai itself was brilliantly written, as was the series as a whole. You care about each character so that by the time the end fight of Season 2 breaks out, you're rooting for so many different people. I cannot wait to see who they bring back in Season 3!

• Like 4

Well, one character is returning in Season 3...it is clear from his voice and the fact Daniel heads to Okinawa in Season 3...Chozen Toguchi is returning!!!

• Like 5

OpiumKungFuCracker
On 1/29/2020 at 11:51 AM, bigrogie said:

I watched Seasons 1 & 2 a few weeks ago. I don't know what to think of it.....Part of me thinks it's total cheesy crap with bad acting and that it's a joke  to have Ralph Macchio portraying a martial arts master (God his techniques are so awful that's it's painful to watch). At the same time, I couldn't stop watching the episodes one after the other and can't wait for Season 3......Strange feeling!! :ooh:

Strange but a good feeling. It's meant to entertain and it did just that. 

• Like 5

Late to the party with this show, but I've just finished the first season and I'm impressed.

On 6/22/2020 at 1:04 PM, AlbertV said:

Looking forward to the 2nd season.

• Like 3

Completed all 2 seasons a few weeks ago. What a pleasant surprise. A great mix of 80s and contemporary social themes coming into play, and good fight choreography from Simon Rhee. Great to see appearances of familiar faces from the original 1984 movie!

Looking forward to season 3. So Ali is implied to make an appearance, and rumors are circulating that Chozen, Terry Silver and Mike Barnes will resurface as well... Does that mean that Elisabeth Shue, Yuji Okumoto, Thomas Ian Griffith, and Sean Kanan will be back? We shall see!

Edited by DiP
  • Like 6

OpiumKungFuCracker
11 hours ago, DiP said:

Completed all 2 seasons a few weeks ago. What a pleasant surprise. A great mix of 80s and contemporary social themes coming into play, and good fight choreography from Simon Rhee. Great to see appearances of familiar faces from the original 1984 movie!

Looking forward to season 3. So Ali is implied to make an appearance, and rumors are circulating that Chozen, Terry Silver and Mike Barnes will resurface as well... Does that mean that Elisabeth Shue, Yuji Okumoto, Thomas Ian Griffith, and Sean Kanan will be back? We shall see!

Chozen for sure is in season 3, that was him at the end of the teaser trailer. 

• Like 6

My wife had never seen The Karate Kid up until two weeks ago. We watched it for my podcast and she found it to be..."okay." She didn't hate it but she certainly didn't love it (grounds for divorce, I know).

Despite not thinking the film was a classic, she was more than willing to give Cobra Kai a watch. She absolutely LOVED it. As did I. We whizzed through the first season and we're about to watch the second.
I am slightly concerned though because I imagine she will need to watch The Karate Kid 2 before watching the second season but I don't think she's willing to do that. Hopefully it won't tarnish her viewing experience.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Just finished the second season and I can’t wait for season 3.Great series and fantastic final episode.👍👍👍👍

• Like 4

On 10/13/2020 at 4:33 PM, sym8 said:

Just finished the second season and I can’t wait for season 3.Great series and fantastic final episode.👍👍👍👍

I finished the second season last night. I say this with no sarcasm at all: Cobra Kai is one of the best shows of the last decade.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

I finished the second season last night. I say this with no sarcasm at all: Cobra Kai is one of the best shows of the last decade.

Agreed,it has something for everyone.Nostalgia for people who watched the original when it came out and something for today’s youngsters,and I loved the fact that they are not that great at karate but as the series goes on you can see the improvement in the fight scenes.

Edited by sym8
  • Like 4

24 minutes ago, sym8 said:

Agreed,it has something for everyone.Nostalgia for people who watched the original when it came out and something for today’s youngsters,and I loved the fact that they are not that great at karate but as the series goes on you can see the improvement in the fight scenes.

The school brawl was a genuine delight. 

• Like 6

Season 3 trailer:

I cannot wait for this! Honestly it looks like it is going to be as good if not better than seasons one and two, I just love the idea of Johnny and Daniel teaming up and kicking ass.

• Like 7

Cautiously looking forward to this. S1 was awesome stuff, one of the only reboots that doesn't suck. S2 was showing some signs of hollywood-ism, hopefully this will get things back on track.

Also happy to see Macchio doubled for that spin kick, that one he did to the coffee cup in S1 was one of the worst I've seen and I've taught five year olds :P

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SamSeed said:

I cannot wait for this! Honestly it looks like it is going to be as good if not better than seasons one and two, I just love the idea of Johnny and Daniel teaming up and kicking ass.

YES!! This definitely has the potential of being better than previous seasons. It looks like the Cobra Kai guys are being bullied and holding back from fighting, but we know that will only last so long. :wink

• Like 3

I love the Tango and Cash reference :) Seeing Tamlyn Tomita and Yuji Okumoto returning has given me major goosebumps. January 8 isn't coming fast enough!

• Like 3