Cobra Kai (2018-2025) William Zabka, Ralph Macchio, Tanner Buchanan, Xolo Mariduena, Mary Mouser, Peyton List

AlbertV

CaldoTheKid
19 hours ago, laagi said:

What do you mean the upcoming remake or the one with Jaden Smith?

As I understand it they're making a spin-off movie with Daniel and Jackie Chan's character from the remake.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, andy338 said:

That was my first thought, the box containing coins from China immediately made me think of Jackie, perhaps Miyagi spent some time there and met Mr Han. There's going to have to be some link to set up the new movie, could JC even appear later on in the series?

If JC shows up in the final season of Cobra Kai that would be fucking insane! and I mean that in a good way.

• Like 1

andy338
2 minutes ago, laagi said:

If JC shows up in the final season of Cobra Kai that would be fucking insane! and I mean that in a good way.

Yeah i'm trying to think how they can tie in the Daniel LaRusso and Mr Han characters for the new movie and so it seems plausible (to me) that there could be some set up done here. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, andy338 said:

Yeah i'm trying to think how they can tie in the Daniel LaRusso and Mr Han characters for the new movie and so it seems plausible (to me) that there could be some set up done here. 

Spoiler

Now please correct me if I'm wrong but didn't they also talk about a younger brother? What if in fact Mr. Han is related to Mr. Myiagi hence the connection to China?

Thoughts on the leaked BTS photos and information? There's some pretty wild theories there. 

Unfortunately still no word if JC, The Swank or other legacy characters will be part of the final season.

TheFlyingPanda

Julie Pierce not showing up would be a big letdown, She is the only other true Miyagi Do disciple. I feel there is some techniques the characters will need and she shows up to deliver that knowledge. Maybe even shed more light on Miyagi's mystery. He could have told her something he did not share with Daniel.

I agree with the comments about the character's irrational choices and recklessness in this new season, but I then thought to myself.. It's no cheesier than the movies of the 80's or 70's kung fu cinema were we saw characters flipping sides and making bipolar choices lol. 

8 hours ago, CaldoTheKid said:

Possible but anyone can edit IMDB.

That might be true but others on reddit (yeah I know) have confirmed his return as well. Which somewhat would make sense tbh.

CaldoTheKid
3 hours ago, laagi said:

That might be true but others on reddit (yeah I know) have confirmed his return as well. Which somewhat would make sense tbh.

Yeah I imagine he will return at some point, unless Thomas doesn't want to return or there is behind the screen issues we aren't aware of.

I believe Silver is being held in prison for the beating of Stingray. But with Silver's wealth, he'll be able to hire a lawyer who will tear Stingray apart on the witness stand and also use the fact Stingray lied about Kreese being the one to attack him. Also as we saw in KK3, he is willing to straight up bribe judges, juries etc.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CaldoTheKid said:

Yeah I imagine he will return at some point, unless Thomas doesn't want to return or there is behind the screen issues we aren't aware of.

I believe Silver is being held in prison for the beating of Stingray. But with Silver's wealth, he'll be able to hire a lawyer who will tear Stingray apart on the witness stand and also use the fact Stingray lied about Kreese being the one to attack him. Also as we saw in KK3, he is willing to straight up bribe judges, juries etc.

If reddit rumors are to be believed he will square off against Kreese in the "Sekai Taikai". Although I'm not sure how that's gonna work, unless of course he shows up with his own Dojo or something!?

OpiumKungFuCracker

Good act I. I had a good time. I just hope at some point either Act II or III, Hilary swank and Jackie Chan show up. If that’s not the case then it’s the same season as the last 5 .  Overall very entertaining first half. 

OpiumKungFuCracker
6 hours ago, CaldoTheKid said:

Terry Silver carried season 4 and 5. The writers would be dumb not to bring terry silver back. 

• Like 1

CaldoTheKid
2 hours ago, laagi said:

If reddit rumors are to be believed he will square off against Kreese in the "Sekai Taikai". Although I'm not sure how that's gonna work, unless of course he shows up with his own Dojo or something!?

Well given his wealth, he could just hire a bunch of fighters like he did with Mike Barnes. But I believe it would be too late for that given that the tournament is just about to start. And it's not like the All Valley where folk can just arrive on the day and sign up.

But given how he betrayed Kreese, yeah a showdown between them is almost guaranteed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OpiumKungFuCracker said:

Good act I. I had a good time. I just hope at some point either Act II or III, Hilary swank and Jackie Chan show up. If that’s not the case then it’s the same season as the last 5 .  Overall very entertaining first half. 

"Hola mamacita..." that shit cracks me up every time. Best joke of the entire first part! Sorry I just had to mention this totally out of context.

A "source" on reddit claims that we won't be seeing Swank BUT there will be a brief after credits scene in the last episode featuring Chan's character as a send off and bridge to the next movie in the Karate Kid franchise.

• Love 1

Posted (edited)

Is it unfair to say that they should've ended on an actual cliffhanger with the last episode of part one?

Because honestly,

Spoiler

Tory turning to the dark side was so damn obvious and cheap it's painful.

And if that's the best they got it's pretty lazy writing as well.

Nothing here left me with a sense of excitement or anything for part two!? Or maybe it's just me. But I feel they definitely missed an opportunity here for fans!

Edited by laagi

On 7/25/2024 at 10:08 PM, CaldoTheKid said:

Well given his wealth, he could just hire a bunch of fighters like he did with Mike Barnes. But I believe it would be too late for that given that the tournament is just about to start. And it's not like the All Valley where folk can just arrive on the day and sign up.

But given how he betrayed Kreese, yeah a showdown between them is almost guaranteed.

Far fetched theory but since there's been rumors as well as leaked pics of O.G. Cobra Kai fighters. Wouldn't it be thinkable that Silver shows up with just that team? I mean basically the last remnants of the O.G. Cobra Kai seems to be Stingray and his little band of misfits he's put together. Or whatever you wanna call that forest dojo they got going lol.

• Like 1