Cobra Kai (2018-2025) William Zabka, Ralph Macchio, Tanner Buchanan, Xolo Mariduena, Mary Mouser, Peyton List

AlbertV

PandaPawPaw

It'd be cool if Hillary Swank turned up in S6 and kicked both Daniel and Johnnies arses!

tumblr_nhpa4uhjzy1tq14lro1_500.gif?w=656

• Haha 1

PandaPawPaw
3 minutes ago, Agent U said:

Part 1?

So they won't drop all S6 episodes at once? 

"Netflix has launched the trailer for the first part of Cobra Kai's sixth and final season. The season is split into three parts, each containing five episodes. The first part premieres on July 18. The second part will be released on November 28, and the third part in 2025."

It's so stupid! Just release it all at once! 15eps shouldn't be split up into three parts! I hate this trend of splitting seasons up.

• Like 1

Agent U
Posted (edited)

Jesus!

Clearly a ploy to bind subscribers. 

Anyway, I like CK enough to probably reactivate my subscription in July. I'll also use that to watch S2 of 'Russian Doll'.

Likely will cancel again until CK S6-pt3 though. 

Edited by Agent U
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, PandaPawPaw said:

"Netflix has launched the trailer for the first part of Cobra Kai's sixth and final season. The season is split into three parts, each containing five episodes. The first part premieres on July 18. The second part will be released on November 28, and the third part in 2025."

It's so stupid! Just release it all at once! 15eps shouldn't be split up into three parts! I hate this trend of splitting seasons up.

Exactly! This is just total BS and honestly how can you get invested in a season when they just cut-off one third through and make you wait another 4 months for the next batch of episodes. Cherry on top we have to wait til 2025 to actually finish this season.

I'll take weekly episodes over this any day!

Or as @Agent U mentioned it's just a clear tactic to keep subscribers. Which is nothing short of a dick move and definitely a reason to unsubscribe from their service. 

There's plenty of uhm other ways to watch this...

attention-eric-cartman.gif

• Like 2

AlbertV
7 hours ago, PandaPawPaw said:

Not possible considering they just finished shooting the series finale last weekend and they will still have to go through post on the episodes just shot. They want to give them a head start on the season. 

PandaPawPaw
1 hour ago, laagi said:

There's plenty of uhm other ways to watch this...

attention-eric-cartman.gif

rOiFF3f.jpg

• Haha 1

OpiumKungFuCracker

Just my opinion but the cobra Kai trailers have never been good. They all stunk!! 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

WOW! This final season is off to a "rocky" start and that's an understatement.

The first two episodes are a new low for Cobra Kai just in terms of quality alone. There's some shockingly bad stuff here. The entire Kreese subplot in Korea? is laughable in every bad way possible. That little "treasure hunt" I mean... Jesus!

Aside from that the action is even below CW level at times. I couldn't believe what I was watching. A friend of mine rightfully asked if they tried to turn 'Cobra Kai' into a spoof!? Not to mention if you thought the last seasons were cheesy you better strap in.

Luckily however, it seems as though somebody stepped in around episode 3 were it finally picks up (the pieces).

Unfortunately none of the story is really all that interesting. Another BIG tournament which you probably guessed it to resurrect old rivalries one last time. And even here 'Cobra Kai' doesn't seem to be too bothered to pull any punches (pun intended).

There's a "new" Miyagi angle but that's about it. Also I gotta say I was super disappointed with the location of the "Sekai Taikai". I mean it may just be me but it honestly doesn't feel right. Not to mention they keep trying to make this the PG-version of 'Bloodsport'.

I don't know. I was so looking forward to this but now with this first part I'm honestly worried and making me wait til' November won't help much either.

Curious to hear more thoughts but damn I'm rather disappointed right now!

Edited by laagi

CaldoTheKid

I don't get why Chozen didn't say goodbye, we just see him checking flight times and then gone. 

What I also don't get how is Kreese managing to fly, considering he's a wanted man. It's not like he has Silver's money or connections anymore. 

Also I hated how they did Kenny dirty.

Still I liked to see how they redeemed Kyler & Brucks.

• Like 2

PandaPawPaw

I'm going to wait till next year before I even bother to watch this final season. I can't be doing with all this stupid split season crap.

• Like 3

Agent U

Still debating whether to reactivate Netflix and watch this (and Russian Doll S2), or wait until November, if not until the whole thing is out in 2025.

This parts of seasons stuff turns me off tbh.

Also recall liking S5 a lot less already, so not very enticing to hear S6 feels sub-par.

S2 and S3 were probably the best. May have to rewatch the whole thing eventually.

AlbertV

Part of the reason for the split can be blamed on the 2023 strikes.  Shooting was ready to begin until that happened but I can understand why they decided to split because of the high demand.  It sucks yes but you never know... could end on a high note. 

SamSeed

I love Cobra Kai, I really do, it's a comfort series. But I concur with the negative posts, for the most part. I think the biggest crime here is that I'm actually bored. Oh, Johnny and Daniel are fighting AGAIN? Oh, Tory and Kreese AGAIN? The Miyagi angle is interesting but not enough for a series.

Also, really, really bad idea to split it into not two, but three. What's the point? I don't care so much about the tournament that I'm itching to see the rest. If you're going to rely on a cliffhanger, you need something better than that. I honestly thought Hilary Swank would come into it, now THAT would have had me screaming for the next episode.

• Like 1

CaldoTheKid

Does anybody think this Miyagi plot could be something to set up the spin-off movie with Jackie Chan?

11 minutes ago, CaldoTheKid said:

Does anybody think this Miyagi plot could be something to set up the spin-off movie with Jackie Chan?

What do you mean the upcoming remake or the one with Jaden Smith?

PandaPawPaw

Only one woman can save this shit!

6e147f7dc001b4d33e1782f1b6704acfdf768967

Send for the Swank!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

SunChien

I just finished for the first 5 episodes, it's okay but glad they're ending it as it's getting a bit old.

I guess Kreese can just walk around like he didn't just escape jail but whatever.

I know Miyagi-Do will win in the end but that new group of students looks like they can wipe the floor with that lot, especially Devon.

Posted (edited)

Not that there's much to add here but I'll say that I'm also disappointed how they turned Devon (Lee) into a total c*nt.

I actually kind of liked her character but in these first 5 episodes she's close to being insufferable with her constant bitching.

Another noteworthy thing you could clearly tell that the korean guys or at least some of them are either well-trained or actual martial artists as opposed to our protagonists.

Not trying to downplay their training but they can only do so much to cover up a certain lack of skill when it comes to on-screen fighting.

I won't even bother going into the old geezers squaring off which this time around is just pathetic to watch. Love the guys but THIS is not it!

Edited by laagi

13 hours ago, PandaPawPaw said:

Only one woman can save this shit!

6e147f7dc001b4d33e1782f1b6704acfdf768967

Send for the Swank!

Are we sure about that!?

3582da1b-2693-4de9-9ad7-f20b48946116_tex

• Haha 1

To all of you who already watched the first part, what's your take on this...

Spoiler

Did Kreese have something to do with the sudden death of Tory's mom? Hence turning her (once again) to the dark side.

• Like 1

andy338
19 hours ago, CaldoTheKid said:

That was my first thought, the box containing coins from China immediately made me think of Jackie, perhaps Miyagi spent some time there and met Mr Han. There's going to have to be some link to set up the new movie, could JC even appear later on in the series?

• Like 2

CaldoTheKid
1 hour ago, laagi said:

To all of you who already watched the first part, what's your take on this...

Hide contents

Did Kreese have something to do with the sudden death of Tory's mom? Hence turning her (once again) to the dark side.

That was my thought when you see her body and she's clutching her fist.

• Like 1