The Debt Collector (formerly The Pay Up) (2018) – Scott Adkins/Jesse V. Johnson

mpm74

Director Jesse V. Johnson and Scott Adkins currently busy on The Pay Up, an upcoming actioner that’ll mark their 4th feature together (5th if you count 2005’s Pit Fighter). Details for the film are scarce, but it is confirmed that Australian martial artist, David William No (Mr. Nice Guy), is also part of the cast.

http://cityonfire.com/director-jesse-v-johnson-wants-scott-adkins-to-pay-up-action/

• Like 4

One Armed Boxer
3 hours ago, mpm74 said:

Details for the film are scarce, but it is confirmed that Australian martial artist, David William No (Mr. Nice Guy), is also part of the cast.

No is also one of the fighters that Adkins faces off against in the first half of 'Savage Dog'. As a piece of trivia, it was No's father that introduced taekwondo to Australian shores.

• Like 3

Looks like this one has a June 28th release date, according to a recent Instagram post by Mr Adkins. Not usre if thats the U.S?, European release date?, but its cool to know when the film will out for the public. Fans should show their support and not give into the temptation of downloading the movie illegally, or at least buy a copy of the movie if you do.

I hope the bike in the background, is not Adkins mode of transport in the movie?.

41aa8ec9_4.jpeg

Louis Mandylor with a trusty AK-47, in another still from the movie.

8a656e8e_3.jpeg

• Like 2

DragonClaws

It doesn’t really look too martial artsy. The trailer made it look entertaining though.

Noticed this too, but it looks like a lot of fun, and there appears to be some really good chemsitry between the two leads.

Another big positive, they appear to have let Scott Adkins use his British accent this time.

• Like 1

Sony Pictures releases The Debt Collector on DVD (only) on June 5, 2018.  If you want a Blu-ray, there's a German Blu-ray getting released, under the title Pay Day, on April 26, 2018, in both English and German DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1, with German subtitles, from Koch Media -

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Debt-Collector-Blu-ray/198593/

• Like 3

DragonClaws

Sony Pictures releases The Debt Collector on DVD (only) on June 5, 2018.  If you want a Blu-ray, there's a German Blu-ray getting released, under the title Pay Day, on April 26, 2018, in both English and German DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1, with German subtitles, from Koch Media -

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Debt-Collector-Blu-ray/198593/

Is June 5th the U.K release date too?, I'm guessing it comes out in the States, or the rest of Europe first?.

Sorry, I don't know anything about a UK Blu-ray release.  I'm still trying to get the hang of searching for Blu-rays under "All countries" or by individual country on the www.blu-ray.com site.  Only the German Blu-ray release came up for my search on that site.  The US DVD release showed up on Videoeta.com

DragonClaws

Sorry, I don't know anything about a UK Blu-ray release.

Thanks anyway, I've been unable to find any details about the U.K DVD/BR release. It might go the way of The Foriegner with Jackie Chan, and be picked up by a digital service, and kept off physical media market.

Edited by DragonClaws

Looking forward to this. Mandylor was always great value in Martial Law, a shame when he left. Hope this finds it's way to the UK

4 hours ago, SamSeed said:

Looking forward to this. Mandylor was always great value in Martial Law, a shame when he left. Hope this finds it's way to the UK

I totally agree with that! He even did the martial arts film Champions in 1996, which co-starred Danny Trejo and Ken Shamrock and he was the lead hero of that film. I liked his humor in the Big Fat Greek Wedding films and it looks like he's doing that brand of humor but amped up in this film. I can't wait to see this!

• Like 2

DragonClaws
6 hours ago, SamSeed said:

I never understood whe got replace in the show by Arsenio Hall.

1 hour ago, AlbertV said:

Champions in 1996, which co-starred Danny Trejo and Ken Shamrock and he was the lead hero of that film.

Anohter Martial Arts flick I'd never heard of, Danny Trejo and Ken Shamrock in the same movie, I'm sold.

• Like 1

I did. It's worth your money and your time if you're a Scott Adkins-fan since it's well made, action-packed, beautifully photographed and full of laconic, but witty banter. On the other hand a story is almost non-existent  and if you're looking for high-kicking martial arts fights there's a chance you're gonna be slightly disappointed since the fights consist mostly of raw brawls. There are quite a few cool moves and painfull-looking stunts but it ain't no NINJA 2 or ACCIDENT MAN. Still an entertaining movie which I don't regret having in my blu-ray collection.

Edited by kami
  • Like 2

DragonClaws
1 hour ago, kami said:

I did. It's worth your money and your time if you're a Scott Adkins-fan since it's well made, action-packed, beautifully photographed and full of laconic, but witty banter. On the other hand a story is almost non-existent  and if you're looking for high-kicking martial arts fights there's a chance you're gonna be slightly disappointed since the fights consist mostly of raw brawls. There are quite a few cool moves and painfull-looking stunts but it ain't no NINJA 2 or ACCIDENT MAN. Still an entertaining movie which I don't regret having in my blu-ray collection.

My impression from the trailer was, it appears to have gone light on the Martial Arts action. That said, it's still a movie I want to buy when it hits the U.K. Nice to see a change of pace though, fans moan if its more of the same, and they still moan if an actor's gone in a different direction.

• Like 1