Studio Ghibli Fest 2017

KenHashibe

GKIDS and Fathom Events are holding a Studio Ghibli film festival in select theaters across America this year. A different Studio Ghibli film will be shown every month (June-November) on the last Sunday and Monday of each month (English-dubbed on Sunday, Japanese with English subtitles on Monday).

I attended My Neighbor Totoro in Japanese with English subtitles on June 26th. The rest of the screenings this year include...

July 23 & 24: Kiki's Delivery Service (1989)

August 27 & 28: Castle in the Sky (1986)

September 24 & 25: Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind (1984)

October 29 & 30: Spirited Away (2001)

November 26 & 27: Howl's Moving Castle (2004)

Also, I know this isn't a Studio Ghibli film, but Fathom Events is also screening one of my favorite movies of all-time, Lupin the Third: The Castle of Cagliostro, on September 14 (Thursday) and 19 (Tuesday). This isn't part of the Studio Ghibli Fest, but if you're interested in any of the other screenings, I imagine you'd be interested in Castle of Cagliostro too since it's Hayao Miyazaki's directorial debut.

I plan on attending the rest of the screenings this year. I'm definitely looking forward to all of them. If you're interested, you can find more information and a theater in your area playing these films at https://www.fathomevents.com/events.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived