The Curse Of The Dragon Sword (2017)

DragonClaws

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One Armed Boxer

I'd actually be thankful if the Weinstein's pick this one up and re-title it 'The Curse of Anyone Being Able to Pick up a Camera and Think They can Make a Movie'.

DragonClaws
1 hour ago, One Armed Boxer said:

I'd actually be thankful if the Weinstein's pick this one up and re-title it 'The Curse of Anyone Being Able to Pick up a Camera and Think They can Make a Movie'.

I down with that, as long as they don't cut out a lot of the narrative scenes.

On 7/11/2017 at 5:44 AM, One Armed Boxer said:

Didnt RZA already make that film? 

What an appropriate comparison with RZA.  Alex Cox is an executive producer of The Curse of the Dragon Sword, and he also plays the blacksmith in the trailer.  He has fallen pretty far from 1982, when he wrote and directed Repo Man (in which he appeared as the carwash attendant).  According to Wikipedia, in the past ten years he's been working on raising money for "very low budget features".  A short student indie, The Legend of the Dragon Sword, was made in 2014 in Colorado, followed by The Return of the Dragon Sword in 2015.  Curse of the Dragon Sword (a "Kung Fu/Comedy feature film, produced in Colorado") is now in post-production.  "As with the other shorts, The Curse of the Dragon Sword, uses many classic Kung Fu tropes, such as bad dubbing, over-acting, and amazing fight choreography. This creates a unique combination of comedy and action that creates a truly exciting experience."  More than you ever wanted to know about this movie can be found at

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1222446045/the-curse-of-the-dragon-sword    

Being filmed in Colorado explains a lot but shouldn't they be remaking Drag-On Toker the Kung Fu Smoker instead?

Archived