Game of Death - Big Brawl 2 (Bruce N' Jackie)

shukocarl

I've just been watching Battle Creek Brawl  (or The Big Brawl), mainly because I was searching for something to watch and I hadn't seen it for ages....as the film went on  I got to thinking that Raymond Chow missed a trick with Bruce's Game of Death. If he could have hung on for another couple of years he could have paired Bruce and Jackie in the ULTIMATE team -up by having the two superstars battle through the pagoda...Bruce having THREE allies with Jackie being mischievous and taking a different stair case to get to the treasure(?) and other fighters, what a film that would have been!

On the subject of Big Brawl, I know it get's a bad rap , but I really enjoy it....great cast, cool music, good locations. A lot of folk decry it's use of Jackie's full talent but in this case I'm glad the comedy aspects are toned down. It has just enough to make it great entertainment. I saw it when it first came out and have always thought it a good flick...much better than Glickenhaus's The Protector.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Killer Meteor

One of the main things going for Brawl is Jackie is the STAR, not sharing the limelight with a US comic relief.

'Aint that the truth!

35 minutes ago, Killer Meteor said:

One of the main things going for Brawl is Jackie is the STAR, not sharing the limelight with a US comic relief.

DragonClaws
15 hours ago, shukocarl said:

I've just been watching Battle Creek Brawl  (or The Big Brawl), mainly because I was searching for something to watch and I hadn't seen it for ages....as the film went on  I got to thinking that Raymond Chow missed a trick with Bruce's Game of Death. If he could have hung on for another couple of years he could have paired Bruce and Jackie in the ULTIMATE team -up by having the two superstars battle through the pagoda...Bruce having THREE allies with Jackie being mischievous and taking a different stair case to get to the treasure(?) and other fighters, what a film that would have been!

Don't quote me on this, but I think Raymond Chow offered Jackie Chan the role of Bobby Lo in G.O.D 2?. After Lo Wei tried to turn him into the next BL, I don't tihnk he was too keen to go back to any Little Dragon related projects.

sifu iron perm

the cover artwork of big brawl caught my eye..bought a copy from WOOLWORTHS.

The+Big+Brawl+(1980).jpg

thehangman
3 hours ago, sifu iron perm said:

The+Big+Brawl+(1980).jpg

I had that video

ShaOW!linDude
On 7/8/2017 at 5:31 PM, shukocarl said:

On the subject of Big Brawl, I know it get's a bad rap , but I really enjoy it....great cast, cool music, good locations. A lot of folk decry it's use of Jackie's full talent but in this case I'm glad the comedy aspects are toned down. It has just enough to make it great entertainment. I saw it when it first came out and have always thought it a good flick...much better than Glickenhaus's The Protector.

It is a film that certainly better fits Chan's filmography when you think of one of his movies. Yeah, I don't get why this gets so much flak either. I need to watch this again myself.

sifu iron perm
On 09/07/2017 at 6:22 PM, thehangman said:

I had that video

word! what i meant, i bought the vhs from woolworths..circa 1987.

sifu iron perm

To my fellow UK FANS, WOW I did not know Jackie appeared on the legendary Kid's show,. tiswas?

1980 to promote battle creek brawl aka the big brawl.

here i thought Jonathan Ross was the man who introduced the UK to JC in 1987/88 on the incredible film show, channel 4.

DragonClaws
9 hours ago, sifu iron perm said:

here i thought Jonathan Ross was the man who introduced the UK to JC in 1987/88 on the incredible film show, channel 4.

Ricky Baker posted a picture of Jackie with a British Wrestler, taken during the same visit to the U.K. I think it was taken from another early British  T.V appearance, but don't quote me on that.

On 8.7.2017 at 5:31 PM, shukocarl said:

.much better than Glickenhaus's The Protector.

*rolls eyes*
I think battle(too) is tad underrated, it`s bit enjoyable and not that huge fan on protector but protector is on different level when it comes to action...just my 1 cent.

On 7/9/2017 at 10:03 AM, sifu iron perm said:

The+Big+Brawl+(1980).jpg

Something there also caught my eye - the store name.

I used to love shopping at the Woolworth here in the states before they shut down.

DragonClaws
2 hours ago, thekfc said:

I used to love shopping at the Woolworth here in the states before they shut down.

sifu iron perm
2 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

oh man!! what a nice drop to this thread..JC..big brawl..Woolworths..all rolled into one.

Archived