Anyone watch Autopsy: The Last Hours of Bruce Lee?

mpm74

Has anyone seen anyone watched Autopsy: The Last Hours of Bruce Lee? I guess it originally aired last year... was wondering if it was worth checking out...

Alexandre Nguyen as Bruce Lee:

bruce.png

Edited by mpm74

DragonClaws
13 hours ago, mpm74 said:

Has anyone seen anyone watched Autopsy: The Last Hours of Bruce Lee? I guess it originally aired last year... was wondering if it was worth checking out...

I'd never even heard of this production until reading about here @mpm74.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, shukocarl said:

Me neither...shot in Chinese or English?

100% sure it's English, since it's Reelz.

Phantom Dreamer

Autopsy: The Last Hours of is a series that focuses on the last hours of dead celebrities. So, yes, Bruce Lee was one of the subjects. It's on Reelz.

• Like 1

His arches were too high and he had an undescended testicle...so he was reject

6 hours ago, mpm74 said:

ed on medical grounds.

Edited by shukocarl
sp
  • Like 1

DragonClaws
8 hours ago, shukocarl said:

His arches were too high and he had an undescended testicle...so he was reject

Thats right, they mentioned this in one of the old Kung Fu Monthlys, its one of those BL facts thats been swept under the carpet.

If you watch him run, you can see that he's not a natural runner. While the arches problem doesnt stop you from running, it does hinder your speed and ability to do it. Bruce Lee being the guy he was, wasnt going to let this stop him from using running to keep fit etc. You can spot he has flat feet in the shots of him running in the Colesium in Way Of The Dragon.

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 2

DragonClaws

Anohter thing I forgot to mention yesterday, Lee's bad eye sight alone would also have excluded him from active duty in the army. Though they may have given him another role within the military?.

• Like 1

Phantom Dreamer
  1. Review from Philip Callahan from greenbamboo's forum: 
  2. After looking at the facts in their totality, the pathologist concluded that Bruce Lee died of adrenal failure. The main culprit was Lee's excessive use (e.g., 3 years worth) of cortisone/steroid injections to relieve pain from his back injury. Hypersensitivity to headache tablets, hashish ingestion, and foul play via poisoning were all ruled out by the pathologist. 
  3. One could argue that Tom Bleecker has been vindicated for one of his two main theories was that Bruce died of adrenal failure.
  • Like 2

OpiumKungFuCracker
On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 10:32 AM, newgen2005 said:

Does anyone have a download link for this?

It's probably there. I hoped to find it on Kodi. Reelz isn't a bad network. I remember enjoying some quality program on there from time to time back when I had the cable. 

13 hours ago, OpiumKungFuCracker said:

It's probably there. I hoped to find it on Kodi. Reelz isn't a bad network. I remember enjoying some quality program on there from time to time back when I had the cable. 

Nothing on Kodi, it shows program but no streams available. Like you say it looks like Reelz put out some good stuff.

• Like 1

For UK viewers i've just noticed Autopsy: Kurt Cobain will be showing Friday 4th August 10:05pm  on Channel 5 so i'd guess that the Bruce Lee episode would be included in the new series, fingers crossed.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, andy338 said:

For UK viewers i've just noticed Autopsy: Kurt Cobain will be showing Friday 4th August 10:05pm  on Channel 5 so i'd guess that the Bruce Lee episode would be included in the new series, fingers crossed.

Thank you for this. Looks like they are showing series 1, hopefully they show series 8 at some stage.

Edited by newgen2005
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, newgen2005 said:

Thank you for this. Looks like they are showing series 1, hopefully they show series 8 at some stage.

Oh, I had no idea there had been so many series! In that case the Bruce Lee episode could air in 2025! :) 

• Like 1

Fist of the Heavenly Sky

I skimmed through the doc. The topic of Bruce Lee's demise in itself isn't something that terribly interests me too much, so I can't really give a proper critical outlook on this. I do feel that the doc doesn't really tell us much of anything we didn't know already. Also weird is how the people interviewed nonchalantly say that Betty Ting and Bruce were in a relationship, as if it weren't a big deal.

Phantom Dreamer
On 10/4/2017 at 12:40 AM, Fist of the Heavenly Sky said:

I skimmed through the doc. The topic of Bruce Lee's demise in itself isn't something that terribly interests me too much, so I can't really give a proper critical outlook on this. I do feel that the doc doesn't really tell us much of anything we didn't know already. Also weird is how the people interviewed nonchalantly say that Betty Ting and Bruce were in a relationship, as if it weren't a big deal.

Weird that they use actual clips of his films, but the brief time Lo Wei is mentioned, they show a pic from a Bruceploitation film.

Fist of the Heavenly Sky
6 hours ago, Phantom Dreamer said:

Weird that they use actual clips of his films, but the brief time Lo Wei is mentioned, they show a pic from a Bruceploitation film.

I guess it's one of those topics that the Family/Estate want to avoid talking about as much as possible. They really should just chill, considering that their overseeing of the "brand" has been less than stellar, to put it lightly.