Hong Kil Dong (1986)

DragonClaws

DragonClaws

Thought this movie might interest fans of Korean cinema?. Please click on the link below for more on Hong Kil Dong.

hkd.jpg

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One Armed Boxer
5 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

Thought this movie might interest fans of Korean cinema?

Very interesting slice of North Korean kung-fu cinema, I reviewed this one myself back in 2013 for the now defunct Korean Film Festival in Australia blog. -

http://koreanfilmfestivalinaustralia.blogspot.com/2013/08/review-hong-gil-dong-1986.html?m=1

There's also a great thread on North Korean fight flicks here -

Tex Killer

It`s pretty good, one of best MA movies released over here during vhs era. There was showing in big screen ~5 years ago but unfortunately was not able to attend.

v7grq8.jpg

DragonClaws
19 hours ago, One Armed Boxer said:

Very interesting slice of North Korean kung-fu cinema, I reviewed this one myself back in 2013 for the now defunct Korean Film Festival in Australia blog. -

Great review, of the comments/write ups I've read so far, none of them are negative. I read that the film was really big in Yugoslavia of all places, back in the 80's.

One Armed Boxer

One of the more interesting Hong Kil Dong flicks (and there are many) is the South Korean movie 'Hong Kil Dong vs. Terminator'.  What I wouldn't give to see this one! - 

FullSizeRender.jpg

DragonClaws
3 hours ago, One Armed Boxer said:

One of the more interesting Hong Kil Dong flicks (and there are many) is the South Korean movie 'Hong Kil Dong vs. Terminator'.

From what little I've read, Hong Kil Dong is some Robin Hood type charactr in Korea right?.

3 hours ago, One Armed Boxer said:

What I wouldn't give to see this one! - 

Me too, a time traveling cyborg versus a fearless Kung Fu fighter, now thats a movie plot.

Archived