Rly disappointed atm, need advise please!

BlueRain83

BlueRain83

Greetings finally i found a not-dead-forum about my beloved MA Films :) !

I watched MA movies since i was a kid and loved the early Jackie Chan and Jet Li movies.

One of my all-time favorit was Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon 1 <3  and i rly had high hopes for part 2.

The story, the music, the characters...i rly loved part 1 !

But that sequal was the biggest disappointment ever. The soundtrack was not good, the story was a total JOKE :(..i mean come on !

"Hello here are some strange guys from a tavern"..and 2 old heros..and thats IT? Really?

It also felt very short and not epic like the 1. movie.

Also IP Man 3 was a disappointment to me, bec. of the use of wires (or what do you call that) .

Are there any rly +good+ upcoming MA movies in the future? I heard of IP MAN 4, but i don t rly think, that they can make it good again like 1 and a bit in part 2.

I would be happy bout some advise from you guys:)

greetings

BlueRain

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One Armed Boxer
5 hours ago, BlueRain83 said:

& a warm welcome to it!  Look forward to your contributions in future!

6 hours ago, BlueRain83 said:

Are there any rly +good+ upcoming MA movies in the future? I heard of IP MAN 4, but i don t rly think, that they can make it good again like 1 and a bit in part 2.

The good news is there are plenty, here's a list sticking purely to those movies which have yet to be released.  Just click on the titles to be taken to the dedicated thread - 

Boyka: Undisputed

Savage Dog

Triple Threat

Accident Man

Karate Kill

Re:Born

The Villainess

Buy Bust

God of War

Cheung Tin Chi

The Brink

The Invincible Dragon

Lục Vân Tiên: Tuyệt Đỉnh Kungfu

BlueRain83

Aww thank you very much for the warm welcome+ the list <3 :)

Have a nice day pal !

DragonClaws
10 hours ago, BlueRain83 said:

Welcome to the forums @BlueRain83.

ShaOW!linDude

The DVD release of Headshot finally came out a month or so ago, and you will find that a fun watch.

BlueRain83
12 hours ago, ShaOW!linDude said:

The DVD release of Headshot finally came out a month or so ago, and you will find that a fun watch.

Thanks for the hint ShaOW!inDude but  i dunno if will like this. But i will give it a try later.

I like more the films with +older+ timelines /time like IP MAN e.g.

BlueRain83

Has anyone saw the film: Hak Kuen (other names are: Fatal Contact / Underground Fighter) ??

I could sadly find no review here.

It has rly nice ( no fantasy fighting /wires i guess) fight scenes.

Drunken Monk
1 hour ago, BlueRain83 said:

Has anyone saw the film: Hak Kuen (other names are: Fatal Contact / Underground Fighter) ??

It has rly nice ( no fantasy fighting /wires i guess) fight scenes.

I think you'll find that a lot of us have seen this one.

I think it's Wu Jing's standout film, to be honest. The drama is a little too thick in places but, otherwise, it's a pretty good film with some solid fights.

One Armed Boxer
10 hours ago, BlueRain83 said:

You can find plenty of opinions on it within the dedicated thread, found here - 

It also received top billing in @SmokingFistOfDoom's thread about movies that go from good to bad. -

@BlueRain83 have you seen 'Bad Blood' (aka King of Triads)?  It's from the same director, and a pretty good action flick with minimum wires.

BlueRain83

Thx @ One Armed Boxer

yesterday i used the search function 3 times but got no results..hm strange ^^

No i have not. Will see that soon, thanks again man !

One Armed Boxer
33 minutes ago, BlueRain83 said:

yesterday i used the search function 3 times but got no results..hm strange ^^

Yeah, you have to master the ancient art of the Search Function Fist.:tongueout It takes a little bit to get used to (unfortunately the most relevant thread isn't always the top result), hopefully there'll be a fix in place once the software that hosts the forum is updated.

In the meantime, top tip is to make sure the tab on the left hand side of the Search box is set to 'All Content'.

BlueRain83

I saw Bad Blood..but honestly....this ending again....i rly don t like this +SUICIDE+ Endings :(....it feels rly shit and weird at all.

I guess ok...sad endings like in "The Sorcerer and the White Snake" are evil too..but i like those more..than those +all are just dead+ ending.

Where are the movies with good endings?:((

One Armed Boxer
On 7/5/2017 at 11:00 AM, BlueRain83 said:

I saw Bad Blood..but honestly....this ending again....i rly don t like this +SUICIDE+ Endings :(....it feels rly shit and weird at all.

I guess ok...sad endings like in "The Sorcerer and the White Snake" are evil too..but i like those more..than those +all are just dead+ ending.

Where are the movies with good endings?:((

Maybe you can provide some examples of movies that you consider have good endings?  Then we can recommend some more recent flicks that would most likely be to your liking.

BlueRain83

Blood and Bone, Hero , Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon 1, The Legend of the White Snake, Bodyguard of Peking, IP MAN 1+2, Zatoichi....i guess i rly love these movies ^.^

Atm i watch all recommended movies from your lists 2009-2016 ;)

Atm at District B 13: Ultimatum , its kinda ok...but a bit like a C-Movie ;)

Archived