KAGE NO GUNDAN 2

Guest venoms5

Guest venoms5

For anyone interested John at far east flix will be putting out this series in the next week or so. Never seen it before but I did see about half of the first episode and it was amazing particularly Etsuko Shiomi playing one of the main villains and Chiba gets some great lines all the while doling out ninja vengeance to the bad guys.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kungfusamurai

The version I've got is slightly poorer quality than Kage No Gundan 1. The nudity is also censored. Do you know if the version being put out by John will be of the same quality or come from the same source (some Hawaiian TV channel)?

As for the series, I like it, but it seems to lack a lot of the humor and comradery that was prevalent in the the first series. The fighting is still top notch. I'm particularily impressed, not by Chiba or Shiomi's fighting, but the elder actor who plays the second in command (not the doctor). I recall him being the spear fighter with the beard in Three Outlaw Samurai. In KNG 2 his fighting speed is on par with that of Chiba's. I think the poorer quality of this material slightly detracts from the viewing experience, especially when fight scenes occur in the dark, but the series is well worth getting. I wish the series was remastered and subtitled in English!

KFS

Guest venoms5

No. The prints are from Japan and the quality is really good. I was visiting while he was subtitling the first episode and was really impressed by it. He also has other Japanese Samurai/Ninja TV shows coming out later but I'm not at liberty to say what they are.

Guest kungfusamurai

Awesome. What are they sourced from? Are they DVD or broadcast prints? And do you know if they are censored or show all the nudity?

KFS

Guest venoms5

The first volume of this series is out now from far east flix. To answer kungfusamurais' question, John told me the nudity is there as his source for this and others he has obtained are from Japanese satellite.Later down the road he hopes to put out further volumes of the MUTE SAMURAI show.

Guest kungfusamurai

Media Blasters? Awesome. Hopefully they get through the whole series instead of stopping at the first two, like they did with their planned kung fu film line.

KFS

all I know right this second is that they have been in talks to get them for a while, as I'm pretty sure I've hinted at to you more than once. I would say the rumor is most likely correct, but I'll have to ask around. But even then, I may not be able to say, sooooooo I think it looks good! :)

Archived