The Women of Martial Arts Cinema & T.V - Articles/News/Reviews & Interviews

DragonClaws

ShawAngela

The Chinese title is the same as on the cover of the VHS (read from right to left) , so, it's the right movie and the right actress.

A great one who sadly played in only a few movies.

Some titles have been added to her filmography, and I'd love to find The killer must pay 1973 !!!

• Like 2

ShawAngela
On 5/31/2019 at 1:01 AM, AlbertV said:

Jeanne Lau, the daughter of Lau Kar-Leung and Mary Jean Reimer-Lau. She has been training in martial arts from Mark Houghton since Master Lau's passing.

MV5BNmJmZjM0NTQtYWExMS00N2Q1LTk1MjUtZWYx

I didn't know that Liu Chia Liang had a daughter.

Did he have any other children ?

• Like 3

6 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

Did he have any other children ?

He has two daughters, Jeanne and Rosemary. Here's the Lau family in 1997 from South China Morning Post

52e32370-92d8-11e7-b116-f4507ff9df92_132

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 4

Charlene Houghton on the set of her 1st lead role, an upcoming film called Dragon Gate (Qing Long Men)

• Like 2

DragonClaws

Actress/Martial Artist JuJu Chan, who is soon set t star alongside Alain Moussie, Frank Grillo and Nichloas Cage in Jiu-Jitsu(2020).

(Links Expired)

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 2

DragonClaws
On 6/11/2019 at 6:46 PM, Secret Executioner said:

@DragonClaws "Thanks for the tips on how to walk in high-heels" isn't a sentence I expected to be saying today, but I guess I just did.

You never know when that skill might come in handy.

YukarisOshima2.jpg

YukariOshima5.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 2

DragonClaws

Ben Johnson talks to the one of kind Olivia Johnson, on the latest episode of the Kung Fu Movie Guide Pod-Cast.

• Like 1

Maggie Cheung today!

ngcb3

Karen Fukuhara, who played Katana in Suicide Squad is a brown-striped belt in Karate

katana-suicide-squad-189581.jpg

2-karen-fukuhara.jpg

• Like 3

DragonClaws

The poster in the background of this picture, is still seen quite frequently for an older image. It dates back to the 2nd World War, when women around the world stepped up. Filling the industrial jobs once performaed by men, who where then fighting the war. There were no shortages of ladies on the frontline, they were just in different roles. The production line of tanks and other Military related equipmenet, was kept flowing thanks to them. Farms remained productive, with women taking over the running of them, the list goes.

The multi-taent Verninco Ngo.

b654ed443a80811f519a68a09668bf98--veroni

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 1

@DragonClaws

Let me ask you--in your list so far--have you included actress Yoko Natsuki?  The list is so long that I could not check every post--so I ask you.  She was in the movie Karate For Life.  But she's mostly known for her weekly appearances in the tv series Abarenbo Shogun where she played the female Ninja Osono. Since the TV series lasted many years and she did martial arts for each weekly episode, then she must have done at least a hundred scenes of martial arts, making her the lady with the most martial appearances!!  Because when I used to watch the series, she did martial arts in every single weekly episode.

When I googled online, I see her dressed in only regular clothing but don't see her in her ninja outfit.  It would be good if somebody could find an image of her dressed in her ninja outfit.  Her name is Yoko Natsuki.

• Like 3

DragonClaws
17 hours ago, Shosetsu said:

Let me ask you--in your list so far--have you included actress Yoko Natsuki? 

Hi @Shosetsu, thanks for listing Yoko Natsuki.

I don't think she has been inlcuded so far, this thread is by no means a definitive guide to ladies of Martial Arts cinema. There are many that have yet to be listed her, both new and old. In particular from Japanese cinema.

Yoko Natsuki with Sonny Chiba, in a scene from Karate for Life(1977) Directed by Kazuhiko Yamaguchi.

tumblr_onweu6MKKE1uz75quo1_500.jpg

Here's a more recent picture of the actress/martial artist, who doesnt appear to have aged.

Yoko_Natsuki-p1.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 3

DragonClaws

Anyone viewed this 90's Japanese/Korean co-production?

Somi, the Taekwon-do Woman (1997)

Link- http://www.the-totality.com/2014/05/north-korean-martial-arts-cinema-somi.html

Chang Yong Bok's martial arts curio, financed with Japanese money and intended for an international release, is a historical revenge drama whose tale, and style, will be more than familiar to those with a passing knowledge of Asian martial arts cinema (the work of the Shaw Brothers instantly springs to mind). 

MV5BYjFjYjQ0OGYtMzZiOC00NjU1LWJjMzUtOWE3

MV5BOTRkMDY4MmEtZDhhMi00YjQxLThmYTgtMGM5

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 2

DragonClaws

One of the pioneers of female driven action cinema, Doris Lung Chun-Erh. Is the star of one of my recent reviews. She plays one woman army Ma Su-Ching, out to avenge her brother in A Brave Girl Boxer in Shanghai.

Kung Fu Fandom Fourm reader's/contributor's can access my full write-up, by clikcing on the link below, thank you.

740full-chung--erh-lung.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 2