Please help - trying to find film

Guest spaceconvoy

Guest spaceconvoy

About 5 years ago, I saw an amazing Japanese martial arts movie on tv. I have no idea what the name was, and I'm not even 100% sure it was Japanese (maybe 92% sure). The biggest thing I remember about it was the acrobatics. I only saw the last half-hour of it, but all the fight scenes were very non-traditional. It was all wire work, with lots of jumping and spinning - that's what I remember most. Everyone was spinning in mid-air in a dark forest, and doing drill-like moves through trees. If anyone has seen or heard of a movie like this, I'd really appreciate it. I'd given up hope of ever finding it again until I found this community. Also, if it helps, I think I saw it on the international channel. Thanks, from a noob. >D

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest melchevsky

In Swordsman II there is jumping and spinning in a dark forest, wirework, exploding trees if I remember. Course it ain't Japanese. Anything else you might remember?

Guest spaceconvoy

Your description sounds right, but I swear it was in Japanese.. now that I think about it, since it was the international channel, it could have been dubbed into Japanese? Who knows - but I just netflixed it, so I'll find out soon. Thanks for the help.

Guest Yakuza954

Versus was the first movie that come to mind. The whole movie takes place in a forest and there's a lot of wirework and sword fights. Princess Blade must be another possibility, I'll have to check my copy again later.

Guest Yakuza954

Princess Blade had a few fights in a forest, particularly the final fight, but while the action was very HK-like and acrobatic (Donnie yen did the choreography), there was no drilling through trees.

Archived