Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018)

AlbertV

If you missed it yesterday, Phil Lord and Christopher Miller have exited the Han Solo spinoff film, which is more than halfway through production. The reason is an all-too familiar issue: creative differences. They constantly clashed with Kathleen Kennedy and Lawrence Kasdan over their style of filmmaking, which didn't mesh with the Star Wars-style of filmmaking.

Today, it was announced that...Ron Howard will be finishing the film!

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/star-wars-han-solo-ron-howard-director-1202474294/

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DragonClaws

What are peoples thoughts on the choice of actor for Han Solo?.

While I'm not judging the movie as a whole, I'm not sold on Alden Ehrenreich as Solo. Harrison Ford played a really moody non a believer/athiest(In terms of the Jedi teachings), and he looked pretty intense during most of his performances in the original trilogy. Sure he wouldnt be so jaded at the time this story is set, but Alden's performance seems almost like a different character. Sure the movie is well directed, with stunning visual effects etc, and I hope the complete film changes my opinion.

I think you maybe right about Alden Ehreneich,I don’t think I can complain about how he is portraying Solo because I think that’s how they want him to play him but if you didn’t know you wouldn’t guess that’s Han Solo,it just has no resemblance to the Harrison Ford version.Still that being said I’m a huge Star Wars fan and can’t wait,( just hope it feels and sounds like a Star Wars film,which the last Jedi for me didn’t.Still liked it though)👍

I saw this last night and loved it,a refreshing change from the force,the Jedi and the dark side.Ehrenreich is not to bad as solo,his chemistry with chewie was great,Donald Glover was good as Lando(he even sounds like Billy Dee Williams lando at times)and the action was great,And considering Ron Howard had to reshoot over 80% of the movie I think it’s a job well done.👍👍👍👍

DragonClaws

Got round to watching this yesterday, with my girlfriend. Have to say, as much as I think Alden Ehrenreich was mis-cast as Solo. I enjoyed the movie more so than The Last Jedi, even though you can see the picture had some production/direction issues. Ron Howard has done a great job, when you consider he wasnt there from the start. The film's far from perfect, but it's a great Star Wars adventure, and one that has a break-neck pace. Woody Harrelson steals the show as a self centered galatic thief, with his partner Val, played by the talented Thandie Newton. Emilia Clarke I think has t be the sexiest Star Wars character ever, and also one of the stories more interesting character's.

Archived