Umakala (2019) Chinese fantasy film

whitesnake

Has anyone heard of this upcoming Chinese movie, Umakala?  It's described as "drama, fantasy, action, sci-fi".  It's actually a trilogy project, with a Chinese release date  for the first movie in 2019.  Cast includes Wang Loudan (Rise of the Legend and The Guillotines).  The concept art I've found on the internet, by Armando Savoia and Alexey Kondakov (or Kondakoff), is beautiful. Movie info is listed at http://chinesemov.com/2019/Umakala.html 

There's even a very long Youtube trailer, starts slow, but has live action, concept art, pretty music - "Umakala Trailer" at

Update: Here's a new image of "a general character of light side army Umakala world".  Concept design by Dmitry Klyushkin, posted 12 Feb 2018. - 

upload.jpg

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This film is under development and will not be released soon.
Why you specify concept artist like creator this image, if this is 3d work, and did not specify the author of the profile of Autodesk AREA where you took this image?

If you want to specify the author of the profile of Autodesk AREA, then please post it. You know more about this film than I do.  Why not post some info here if you know anything about the release date, even if it is after 2019, or studios that are working on the movie.  Are there any updates?  About the only info I've been able to find about Umakala is one or two Youtube videos, and some very nice artwork. I first posted about Umakala over a year ago, asking for more info, and you're the only one to post since.

Archived