Extraordinary Mission (2017)

laagi

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Appears to be a Mainland movie with Nicky Li Chung-Chi as the action director.

Movie was awesome! Should be in Asian or HK/Chinese cinema thread since it isn't martial arts related. Best action of the year so far!!

Cinedigm/Crimson Forest Films gives a North American Blu-ray and DVD release to Extraordinary Mission on February 5, 2018.  The movie received a limited North American theatrical release.  (The Crimson Forest Films website needs to learn a few things from the Well Go USA website.  Website lists the theaters where the movie played, but not the theatrical release date.)  

Release details here - https://videoeta.com/items/193286-extraordinary-mission

• Administrator

I think this movie is a high-point among the Asian cinema releases this year. @One Armed Boxer's review (linked above) nails it, so I won't bother getting into details as he's already done it. Highly recommended.

Drunken Monk

This is an odd one. I really, really enjoyed it but I doubt I’ll ever watch it again. It’s a GREAT film. A tense crime thriller that’s way up there. But I just don’t think it has much re-watch value.

It has a wonderful build up - solid plot, great performances - and then the action gets started, it doesn’t let up. The shootouts felt very real and intimate in a way. I loved the action. Some of the stunt work was phenomenal too.

Archived