KUNG FU ZOMBIE (1981) -- available uncut and in good quality?

WaverBoy

All I can find on this title is the cut, non-anamorphic, ripped-from-PAL-VHS DVD put out by Ground Zero 15 years ago, and the same rotten transfer upscaled to fake anamorphic and messed up even more with horrible motion-strobing artifacts in hack video label Mill Creek's sorry-ass Kung Fu Zombies compilation, which also includes a similarly bastardized motion-strobed pixelated representation of WE'RE GOING TO EAT YOU, looking like it was ripped from the far superior Media Blasters release.

Can this awesome Billy Chong classic be found uncut, in good quality anamorphic widescreen, and English-friendly?  I do love the hilarious English dub, but I'm up for subbed original language as well.

• Like 1

JohnnieFreeze

I searched out this topic looking for some good news. I was hoping by now there would be a remastered print out there..or at least a good one. 

• Like 2

NoKUNGFUforYU

Some gamers in Asia are remastering these kind of movies, so, you never know. Just found Bruce Lee We Missed You is on 1080p. Just random stuff.

• Like 2

I’m glad to know that there are still at least some interest in these films in their respective home countries.

• Like 3

NoKUNGFUforYU

Oh yeah. Video on demand. Not as much as the new stuff, no English subs, but it is there. Every few weeks something comes out, random. Some I can sub, some are bigger tasks.

• Like 1

I saw once a Japan dvd release of Kung FU Zombie on ebay, but I don't know if the guy still has it available for sale and I don't know if it was uncut and subbed...

• Like 2

Jizzmaster Jerry

Just one of the hundreds of classics that would be perfect to do a remastered special edition.  But KF Zombie is a really special one to me.  The smartass comedy and incredible action make this one I’m always in the mood to watch.  The first fight between Chong and Moon is one of the best fights ever.  Always felt like it was ahead of its time.  

The uncut version is a little rough.  4x3 and burned in cut off subtitles. It’s great being able to see all the missing bits.  They cut this movie to shreds in the shorter version.  They even cut out some short fights.  

• Like 2

On 7/14/2018 at 1:47 AM, ShawAngela said:

I saw once a Japan dvd release of Kung FU Zombie on ebay, but I don't know if the guy still has it available for sale and I don't know if it was uncut and subbed...

I would love to see the Japanese VHS version put on dvd just for the bloody stump head scene. But in all reality even though it's 20 min longer there doesn't really seem to be a lot of uncut footage that would I would really regret missing compared to the Ground Zero dvd.

https://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=587821

The only physical version that I have is the Gold Ninja blu ray which has since gone OOP but it was the heavily cut 78 min English dub.

Screenshot_2023-04-08 Blu-ray Kung Fu Zombie.jpg

• Like 2